• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Temperature Gauge

GP292

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 RS Venture TF
Here is a picture of the temperature gauge that I had Excel Motors mount on my Nytro. I had a gauge on my Rev and really liked knowing when to find loose snow to cool the motor down. This gauge appears to be of high quality and they did a good job of installing it. You can get it in the silver or black color.

Attachments

• Temp.Gauge.JPG
    Temp.Gauge.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 138

You sound like my wife!! She can't understand why I even need a new snowmobile. I believe all it has is a temperature warning light that comes on when it gets too hot. I had one on several of my past sleds and like to know at what temperature the engine is running at. I guess I am just overly cautious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any coolers under my Nytro at all. I only saw the radiator behind the headlight. Is there cause for concern with heating issues?
I would think this would be the sled for low snow conditions, if it's not cooled by snow??

GP292 said:
You sound like my wife!! She can't understand why I even need a new snowmobile. I believe all it has is a temperature warning light that comes on when it gets too hot. I had one on several of my past sleds and like to know at what temperature the engine is running at. I guess I am just overly cautious.
no Im the same way Im going to have to get one also I thought it had a temperature gauge.I hate the warning lite I also like to know what temperature the engine is running at dont want it to get that hot.

I think it will all be dependant on if the warning lite is trust-worthy. There are a lot of people who say the light (on other sleds) comes on way too early.

nate007 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any coolers under my Nytro at all. I only saw the radiator behind the headlight. Is there cause for concern with heating issues?
I would think this would be the sled for low snow conditions, if it's not cooled by snow??

I think there's a front heat exchanger Nate.

Superman said:
nate007 said:

I think there's a front heat exchanger Nate.

Yes, there is a small heat exchanger near the front of the track.

Would I be correct to say that the radiator will be doing most of the cooling anyway, or do you see us trying to add more cooling capacity somehow? I usually get to ride in marginal conditions, and many days above freezing anyway, and the last thing I need is to get stranded. My Apex started geting warm while riding timber trails in N. WI. last season, on just about the last ridable day. I don't want the same troubles with this sled.

HI Temp

Last year on the Iron Dog race we went 120 miles with the Hi temp light on. We weren't going full throttle mind you, just backed off some and kept going. There was no snow at all, I could feel the heat in my bunny boots from the coolers! The motor will go to a limp mode if it gets too hot. All the two strokes were having problems, specially the Doo's. They use to call these idiot lights ( only an idiot would keep going ). Just to let you know you can keep going.....guess we were idiots

Back