• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Terrible Trip:Canadians & thier trails

Canada is the only place I ride! I've been going to St. Zenon Quebec for the past 11 years! Gregoire Sport is a phenomenal dealer!
On a 1999 700 V-Max I had, something came loose in the recoil of the Pull Starter and it blew the crankcase apart on that side. I was fortunate because it happened on my last night there a mile away from Le Cabanon.
I got it back to the Motel and onto the trailer.
On the way home I stopped at Gregoire and asked if he could do anything with it. He took it right in, he let me keep my trailer in his lockup and when I came back up for my next trip 3 weeks later they had it fixed! They put a new crankcase in it under warranty and he saved me the hassle of pulling my trailer all the way to CT and back!

GOD BLESS THE CANADIAN DEALERS ;)!

Cubby
You were riding right in my back yard. McGregor is a great dealer. I ride these trails every year and they are awsome. Where did you ride to?

It is a shame we have to fight with the road commission here in Lower Michigan just to keep a road partially unplowed for snowmobilers ;):D That story is incredible! ;)! ;)!

One weekend this winter I got some very good service. I was in need of a rear 7in wheel. I was in a town with no yamaha dealer withen 50 miles. I called the yamaha dealer that was the nearest. He dident have one in stock He took one off a new 05 sled and fired up his airplane and there happened to be an airport near by and he flew it into the town. Just happened to be the owner of the shop had a plane and was heading out on a small trip for something else. It was very good service and it got me back on the trail.

Cubby, similar experience earlier in Feb. Just started an 800mile/4day loop from Sault Ste Marie when my friends new Doo couldn't make a turn & (at slow speed) hit a tree resulting in a bent front lower A-arm. We limped a couple miles to a B & B where a gentleman was having breakfast, and after telling him the sory, he loaded the sled in his trailer & us in the truck - drove about 20 miles to the SSM DOO dealer & waited until it was repaired - drove us back to the trail, we lost < 2.5 hrs all together!
The trails were great - but the friendly Ontario citizens are the reason we return!

Black 1000 said:
Cubby
You were riding right in my back yard. McGregor is a great dealer. I ride these trails every year and they are awsome. Where did you ride to?

We started at my best friends house on Catchacoma lake,went to Buckhorn then rode to my cottage on Pigeon lake, then to Bobcaygeon,then towards Gooderham then to Apsley,and back to Catchacoma. About a 175 mile day...............Cubby

Grape.....Come out west with me sometime and after we leave the parking lot you wont see another sled all day! Did you order a Apex yet? ===SRXSRULE===

Nice post Cubby!

We spent the weekend with the Skidooboys up in the greater Hornepayne area and got some nice off trail miles in, after many stucks and shucks, we slept well to say the least.

Rode back to Wawa today from HP, saw 6 sleds at the gas station in Dubrielville, and one on the trail. The trails were freeway smooth and well marked.

Those canadians sure can make a trail. :D

-Mook

Back in 2001, I was doing the Gaspe Loop (1500 mile loop off the ST. Lawrence River East of Quebec city). On my second day toward the end of the day, I missed the turn and crashed. I damaged my handlebars and some other odds and ends. My buddy tows the sled into town and there was a dealer about 8 miles away. It was about 7 pm. we called the dealer and he told us he would be down in a few minutes to look at the sled. He shows up and tells us the sled will be ready in the morning. He loads up the sled and brings it back to his shop.

I go to the hotel with my buddy and tell him that I'm gonna start warming up my credit card because this guy is going to slam me knowing he's got me between a rock and a hard place. If I don't get my sled fixed then I cant finish my vacation and I'm thinking he knows this plus I going to pay dearly for him working on my sled during the night.

The next morning I call him and he tell me it's all set. At this point I was so happy that he could have charged me dearly and I would have paid with a smile on my face. I ask him how much and he tells me $337(canadian) and offers to bring the sled to me at the hotel. I will never forget that man or that price because that was one of the most profound moments of kindness I've ever come across. He could have slammed me but he did not. He charged me a fair price for the parts and his normal shop rate.

WOW!

Cubby:
Thats not bad but you didn't venture very far from the portch. You should try north from Bobcaygon up to Haliburton and across to Orillia. Then turn south down to Port Perry and back. 345km's. Good ride for a day trip. Great trails and lots of good stops.

That whole area with the exception of Haliburton is very nice and well groomed and signed. Haliburton gets very busy.

Cubby, with all the great trails here in southern Ontario maybe we should lobby for a TY ride. Where you rode the trails are good but a little further they are better. Bancroft has been phenomenal this year. I have logged 4000 km's this year mostly in that area. Last weekend with 2 of my teenagers we rode 430kms on saturday. We left McArthurs Mills to Bancroft, up the rail line to Lake St. Peter, over to Madawaska then to Barrys Bay for lunch. Then off to Eganville then south to Griffith then back to the E trail in below Denbigh back to McArthurs Mills. Over all conditions were good. Generally some of the best riding in southern Ontario. Lets get together and try to get a TY ride. With some of the faithful that I know I bet that I could round up at least 10.

Ummmm, yea buddy, because it was such great conditions it would be a perfect place to do a TY ride. It has groomed tight stuff, lakes to compare speeds (drag racing for bragging rights) and of course some freeway type trails. I was so impressed with this place (right in my back yard) that come next season I will try to get a TY thing happening.................Cubby

Black1000: We used to ride Haliburton area every year from 1984 to about 1992. Did a lot of lake riding in that area.

We used to meet up with 2 guys from that area who knew the lakes etc.
We used to stay at Silver Eagle Lake.

Started going to the UP around 93 because I could ride with my girfriend at that time and did not have worry about open water etc.

The area you guys are talking about, is it pretty well marked? There were no GPS's back then and I was always nervous about getting out on some of those lakes in a white or something. Without my GPS I have a terrible sense of direction.

I seem to remember some areas like: Bay of Lakes, was there possibly an elephant lake?

Also, is there a problem with a Bender Stage 2 and the louder exhaust?

BigDog05 said:
Also, is there a problem with a Bender Stage 2 and the louder exhaust?

We got stopped by 2 guys from the OFSC to check for trail passes during this trip. They asked me to "honk" on it when I left them because they wanted to hear my Bender loud pipe in action. I didn't even get the usual "stares" I get when I pass people here in the states with my loud pipe. After 2 years of usage I think this thing is getting louder too. Again I must say this was a super great trip in many, many ways.............................Cubby

Back