• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TETHER SWITCH

Just thought of that too.Have they disappered only from yamahas or is it from all OEM´s?
My ol´T-cat have one and I would like to have one especially while dragracing since its a rule!

I tied into one of the wires that goes to the kill switch (brown I believe) so that it's in series.

hooper

Did you do anything with the head bolts, and are you having any problems blowing antifreeze out at 18 lbs.

adirondak blue said:
WHAT WIRE DO i need to tie into.

The same wires that the stock kill switch on the handlebars use. You absolutely must be certain to use a 12 volt tether switch too! The grounding style will put 12 volts to ground, blow fuses and possibly shoirt and ruin the entire wiring harness.

I have 12 volt tethers in stock if you need one.

Freddie

All you need is a tether for a normally closed ignition (NCI). You can purchase them through Hi-Performance Engineering for $22. Then just put it in series with the brown wire.

as srxspec said. Mine is a normally closed (make sure of this, some people just scratch their head when you ask) and tied in to one of the wires going to the kill switch. I used male/female connectors on both so if there ever is a problem, I can take it out of the circuit. I drilled a hole in the plastic around the gas tank, opposite the key switch.

Back