• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The best exhaust kit

nightynyte

hey guys, i have a 2010 xtx and i wanted to give it a little more horse power this year. A turbo is just a little to much money for me this year. i was thinking about an exhaust and a clutch kit or do you guys just think i am wasting my money for all it will give me. Maybe i should just save and put that money towards a turbo for next year... feedback would be good . thanks

turbo

I have been wanting a turbo for 2010 RTX SE since the first day I road it but I havent been able to make the sled handle good enough for the extra HP and speed. So this year Im building it into a crossover sled with the hope that I can get it to handle. So next year I can add the 180 mpi turbo.

YExcell has a pretty nice exhaust along with barkers. A clutch kit with a good lower engagement will def help. I'm waiting to order my schmidt bros stage 2. Heard many good things about that kit.

Welcome to the site,Please take a moment to fill in your profile location.It is located under profile on top of the screen.Thank You

Most slip on's only gain minimal hp.The nytro responf well to aftermarket header that are typically 6-7hp gain.You can get them going into the stock muffler or aftermarket.

Check out www.ulmerracing.com

Hindle aslo makes a nice exhaust which Hurrican performance is a dealer.

X2 on the hindle! Just got their stealth system along with an airbox mod and a pc5. Turns it into a beast! I also have heelclicker d&f's.It all depends on how much you wanna spend and what your expecting. Good luck!

sheetwright said:
IMO the Ulmer/excell header with a Yosh 3 exhaust. I have had a couple different ones and this one sounds good, not too loud, and not as whiney as some IMO
They also sell it in three different finishes FYI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEvkVLj5rDE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtAnzuYg ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-uaIVkQ ... re=related

x2, and the streetbike silencers are not abnoxiously loud like some aftermarket sled exhaust's but have a really sweet sound. plus you can buy them on ebay for like 50 bucks!

The full Hindle exhaust with the now available 20" muffler is a great choice. It eliminates the donunt/flex joint problems, is very light weight and uses the factory plastics for a stock appearance. It does require airbox and fuel mods but the gains range from 14-18hp ( depending on whether you use a noise reducer ). I tested it all last winter with excellent results. The 20" muffler with a noise reducer is very quiet, yet has a very nice sound

They need some videos of people taking off on the snow with that exhaust.I think they would have a lot more sales.I have got exhaust fines in the past and haven't headr any sleds in action with this exhaust thats why I haven't considered it.I heard your vids in the driveway though.

Back