• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

THE DREADED LINK, & OTHER BREAKAGE

Well add me to the list, somewhere around 1300 miles...only 200 or so this year. I do not recall any "big" jump or extremely whooped out trail in that 200. Should have pulled it off the trailer at the end of December, three days from now and three foot waiting up north... #$%&*

Talked with dealer just a little while ago, taking it in tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• Broken 2.jpg
    Broken 2.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 76

Left side... #$%&*

From just looking at it, the failure is not from force from the down tubes...rather the twisting action of the coupling from the shock/etc... That's my initial theory from what I can see.

Attachments

• Broken 1.jpg
    Broken 1.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 75
I have heard that some people are having to wait a while for their 08 replacement parts. If you end up needing a 07 A-Arm to get back on the trails quickly, I have some of the parts you may need for cheap!

$50 for the following:
1 - 8GC-47331-00-00 SKID A-ARM
1 - 8GC-47486-00-00 SHAFT
2 - 90386-20001-00 BUSHINGS
2 - 90201-10626-00 WASHERS

$50 for the following:
1 - 8ES-47349-00-00 BRACKET, ARM PIVOT
1 - 8ES-47487-00-00 SHAFT

cannondale27 said:
Cripes your arm broke but link is fine?

Yeah I was a bit confused, the arm is smoked...I looked at the link and it appeared fine. It's at my dealer and they are I have to say an asset to Yamaha. They researched it last night, part numbers ready this morning, already talked with Yamaha, kit is being released, just working on the details to get it overnighted to get me up for this weekend. A great service department IMO is what makes or breaks a dealership, they've been fair with me and have my future business.

Although I am not saying that owners should be responsible for these repairs, if you were stuck for parts for a month or so (that's crazy!), you could have a local machine shop make you up a billet link pretty easily.

Its way more than the link that gets updated.Pretty much everything in front of skid including the arm.

Just an update on my broken link......took about 1 week for the dealer to get. Although computer showed kit on backorder, Yamaha is allocating these for "in shop" requirements with valid dealer work orders assigned. My sled was 1 week out of warranty when it failed and Yamaha still paid for the '08 parts kit (about $500.00) and they covered all labor. Overall I am satisfied with the way the factory took care of it.

07 FX - Link let go at 3300 KM (Note: 14 year old rider - trails only supervised...no off trail).

Is there a contact/number for Yamaha Canada...Just in case my dealer is not up to speed on this 08 upgrade and fact that more that 1 component must be replaced to resolve.

Back