• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The Good Old Days Sledding

New 73 250 for me then Won the 250 and 295 classes with it Even beat my shop teacher at the World series in Boonvile and Weedsport NY .

New 73 250 for me then Won the 250 and 295 classes with it Even beat my shop teacher at the World series in Boonvile and Weedsport NY .
My Machine shop teacher was a snowmobile Enthusiast. My Agriculture shop Teacher bought a brand new John Deere 4430 Tractor drained the engine oil out then later decided to drive down to the Hog Barn.. He forgot to put any oil back in seized the engine.,.

I guess he needs Murphy Switches.. A Big Time Farmer put an 855 Cube Cumins in his 8030 Deere it had Murphy Switches.. had an oil leak you could see the oil pouring out on the road.. The hired help over road the Murphy Switch by holding it in with his finger .. Drove it till the engine seized..

Reactions: krm
Thanks for that!!!!!!
Started riding a liquifire after the jdx8
Brought back some memories seeing those old
Sleds again.
There is a Video on the History of John Deere.. There was a CEO worked at their Lawn and Garden Plant in WI where they built sleds.. He was a hard Core Snowmobile Enthusiast.. He left John Deere and the quit building snowmobiles..

Massey Ferguson the largest Farm Equipment brand in Canada had Scorpion build their sleds.. It seems to me that an Equipment Dealer who sells sleds could bring in some Tractor Customer Traffic in the Winter.

Back