• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The People who are dissapointed

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
Yamaha has come out with a new sled every year for the last few years,it had to stop somewhere. The Nytro RTX se should be a sick sled! But as i said,You cant expect Yamaha to come out with a new sled from the ground up every year. Next year I would expect a higher HP Apex for sure though!

Tom-RX1 said:
I highly dought you will see a higher hp apex if anything the 4 cylinder will be gone and a 1200 or so 140 - 150 hp 3 cylinder will replace it .
Tom-RX1

God I hope not, I think that 4 banger is an excellent motor, I personally am way more impressed with it than the Nytro motor, and I definitely like the Apex chassis a lot better. Just my $.03!!

I'm very disappointed from Yamaha, I guess they gave up to be #1 in 4S. I'm sorry to anonce that I'm jumping ship and will be riding the Z1-T next year. My current Apex has over 14k miles and I will not push my luck. Once a sled has reach 10k miles, in my type of riding, you must change to a new one. Never again I will keep more than 2 years - 4 strokes or 2 stokes.

Also, on the Yamaha Canada, the 2009 price posted are the same as 2008, so that mean They have NOT adjusted the CDN versus USA. So the currency excuses from them was full of balony.

BYE BYE Yamaha

sleds

I'm actually quite happy with the 09's as I didnt have $10,000 to shell out anyways. Now I have another year to get my finances in order. : )

Time to throw more money on perfromance goodies for the SRX.

I would have liked to see a lighter RTX, better skis, a refined skid, and more HP.

It would have been nice to get ONE of these. Might as well look for a leftover 07 or 08 for a few thousand less.

As predicted....Yamaha is no longer the HP and performance leader in the 4 stroke arena of snowmobiles. Here we go again letting the competition run on by. Is the new Cat a better sled........doubt it.......but it's definitely going to be the new king of the lake. Sure Yamaha has beaten the competition to date with the current Apex 150HP efi because it's competition WAS higher HP 2 stroke sleds. That's the key. A 2 stroke has a much narrower power band and that is why the Apex being a good 15-20HP less could out muscle them because of it's very wide power band. The Cat Z1 turbo will have a wider powerband yet and most obviously will shine on the lakes. Sure not everyone needs this much power, but leave it to Cat or Doo to trump Yamaha.

Did Yamaha need a turbo to compete. Not really as we know there is more power to be had with the Apex's motor in it's naturally aspirated form.

I'm surprised so many of you are assuming that the turbo cat is going to be such a hot runner. On paper the F1000 should wipe up the floor with an Apex, but as we learned, that's not the case. Lets see how the Z1 performs on snow and how it holds together before everyone crowns it king. Even if it's awesome I would hardly say that Yamaha isn't the leader of 4 stroke sleds anymore. My god - they are the only company with a FULL 4-stroke line-up. Plus the reliability of their engines is unmatched. Not to mention fit & finish, rear exhaust, etc...

Also - while I'm anxious to see a revised Apex, I understand that every year can't be like Christmas. Yamaha has revolutionized the industry over the last 4 years or so. There will always some BNG years for ANY company.

:rocks:

vice108 said:
I'm surprised so many of you are assuming that the turbo cat is going to be such a hot runner. On paper the F1000 should wipe up the floor with an Apex, but as we learned, that's not the case. Lets see how the Z1 performs on snow and how it holds together before everyone crowns it king. Even if it's awesome I would hardly say that Yamaha isn't the leader of 4 stroke sleds anymore. My god - they are the only company with a FULL 4-stroke line-up. Plus the reliability of their engines is unmatched. Not to mention fit & finish, rear exhaust, etc...

Also - while I'm anxious to see a revised Apex, I understand that every year can't be like Christmas. Yamaha has revolutionized the industry over the last 4 years or so. There will always some BNG years for ANY company.

:rocks:

Yes, much of your statement is true......but as I mentioned, the APEX has beaten up on the other mfg's high HP 2 STROKES. That Z1 Cat motor was a purpose built Suzuki 4 stroke for snowmobiles. It was beefed up well in it's stock form so it was obvious ,as some magazines pointed out a while ago, that it would be a good one to turbo. Knowing Cat, it was only a matter of time before they did it. Look back at history. Not even that far. The F7. Was it the all reliable do everything sled. Maybe not, but it went like crazy once dialed in and that's what everyone remembers about it. It was fast. As long as I can remember, snowmobilers have been a different breed than motorcyclers. They want HP and speed, not all of them do, but a significant number do. Every year someone has to trump someone and I realize what your saying.......everyone has a BNG year here and there. Last year Cat did. I just hope Yamaha answers the call within a year and doesn't let the competition crawl by like they have many time before. They have a big leg up in the sled market because of the switch to 4 strokes. I just hate seeing them get trumped so quickly by Arctic Cat of all things. Then again maybe this is what Yamaha needed to up the ante in the future.

BTW.......there goes the three year cycle theory on all the models.(hence APEX) Sure last year the Vector carb remained, but it did get the newer Apex chassis.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Yamaha has come out with a new sled every year for the last few years,it had to stop somewhere. The Nytro RTX se should be a sick sled! But as i said,You cant expect Yamaha to come out with a new sled from the ground up every year. Next year I would expect a higher HP Apex for sure though![/quote

I dont think its wrong to expect a new sled from a company of this size,and more horse power given to the apex is not new sled, its simply more horse power in the same sled. T
The whole sled world is having a tough time pleasing everbody and most people buy the 600's plain and simple but this company can chase the Harley customer, the side by side ATV guy, not to mention the electronic and musical people.
If they want to compete in the sled world they have to put together an american division and spend alot more money on research and development, otherwise people will keep taking these 4stroke sleds and making them better after they have already spent $10,000.

Gotta tell ya, I was really hoping for a higher HP Apex. When the XTX wasa released I said to my self, that is my next sled. Well then I thought the Apex LTX GT 150 HP, better trail riding machine thats what I am buying in 09' no matter what. No color choices is bull, so I am going to find a leftover 08'. No big deal. :die

Also the Arctic Cat Z1 turbo.....177 HP. I watched the snowtrax episode when it was released (like many of you probably did also) the top speed they registered was 106 mph. I don't think the Apex has nothing to worry about this year. Next year well that might be a different story. JMO

I seen this day coming for sure... Let's face it.... Cat & doo have tried to trump one-another for years now....... I expect doo to hang a turbo on the new 1200 verry soon.. Being a triple it will more than likely have about 200 hp. Then cat will add more, then doo,then cat, then doo.. Well you get the idea....I just don't like the idea of two huge pistons going up & down side/side like the cats.. Now doo in IMO has a better motor.. I wish they would have put the new venture motor in the vector.. Oh well, they had to keep the cost down.. And I have no complaints with my vectors carbs. MM.

Back