• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The sticker says 91 octane gas - I thought it was 87?

rage man

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
i know everyonee says to run 87 but i just noticed on the side of my se it says 91 but i thought it was all 87

I just checked my manual, it recommends minimum of 86 octane fuel...but for Finland and Sweden, 91.

europe has a different way to come up with the octane rating. the octane number will read higher than what our number is. think of it in low, mid and high, octane it is easier. ski

I just checked the xtx it says 91 ron minimum. So I know the Apex ran on regular fuel. I red it and it was 91 ron min as well. I guess I'll start running High Test from now on. I thought the motor was made for regular fuel... I heard High Test burns slower because of the higher octain rating.

As previously stated in the other thread............

Anywhere in North America.....86 or higher

All others (Europe)............91

Right out of the Maintenance Manual.

Two standards... Euroland uses RON and NA uses R+M. So running 87 in NA is fine. However my question would be what effect ethanol is having in the fuel. I believe the 10% ethanol you find in gas these days leans things out per say. Does that mean we should be running fuels with no ethanol such as Shell V-Power etc????

pistol said:
Two standards... Euroland uses RON and NA uses R+M. So running 87 in NA is fine. However my question would be what effect ethanol is having in the fuel. I believe the 10% ethanol you find in gas these days leans things out per say. Does that mean we should be running fuels with no ethanol such as Shell V-Power etc????

I run shell 91 in every sled I have for the simple fact that it has no ethanol,
piece of mind I guess.

Back