• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

THEY ARE HERE

SnowdemonsRX1 said:
Yeah but won't the exhaust burn up your gas can sitting back there

If you look a little closer at the picture, you will see that the exhaust-tips are facing more outwards, blowing the exhaust more out to the sides! The only minus would be your burnt leg I guess....

SnowdemonsRX1 said:

Yea real rocket science here. They put a cargo for gas and got the exhaust pointed at whatever you put there. Whats wrong with deflecting the exhaust 30 degress to the side. I cant beleive the money some of these designers get paid and still got no common sense. :ORC

Sled Dog said:
SnowdemonsRX1 said:

Yea real rocket science here. They put a cargo for gas and got the exhaust pointed at whatever you put there. Whats wrong with deflecting the exhaust 30 degress to the side. I cant beleive the money some of these designers get paid and still got no common sense. :ORC

Just check the picture one more time..... :shock:

rsventuretf said:
Well, at last they have incorporated a luggage/gas-rack for the mountain-models!!!! It's about time! It's good that they made a storage-space in the seat also. I like the Apex Mountain better and better the more I study it! The look is also growing on me allready.... ;)!

This must be an option added later, didn't see any pics on-line.

rsventuretf said:
Sled Dog said:
SnowdemonsRX1 said:

Just check the picture one more time..... :shock:

Well if it is deflected I dont think it is near enough going even 50 mph is going to make things go straight back.

Who really wants rider forward so badly? Been on a Rev and an Fcat and its fun for a bit, but the high speed stability sucks. Not to mention the weight the RX is already carrying to the front. IF they were going to do it - they should have taken Pols idea for adjustable bars.

I am plenty happy with my 05 - other than FI, the guage and Floats - there is not much else there that is intriguing - specailly for another $1500.

Yeah and what about a turbo sled , don't they push more exhaust out than a normal rx1 or what ever they call them now, It just looks like a bad ideer to me but I just run a dozer so I don,t know a thing :?

I wouldn't worry about it, it's not an Arctic Cat, you know.... They won't release somting without considering every possibility for injuries/damages! It's a Yamaha, for crying out loud! LaLaLa

impalapower said:
rsventuretf said:
Well, at last they have incorporated a luggage/gas-rack for the mountain-models!!!! It's about time! It's good that they made a storage-space in the seat also. I like the Apex Mountain better and better the more I study it! The look is also growing on me allready.... ;)!

This must be an option added later, didn't see any pics on-line.

They state this;

2006 Yamaha Apex Mountain Information

It Takes a Special Snowmobile to Ride the Deep Snow.

Apex Mountain is all about the right power. The computer-directed, rapid-response Genesisâ„¢ 150FI engine spins broad torque. Fuel-injected power means smooth, instant throttle response. to Genesisâ„¢ 150FI engine. No jetting, ho hiccups...just immediate response to barometric and altitude change. Control throttle response as smoothly as your side-to-side dance on the way to a high mark.

Now add an all-new big-footed, 16 inch wide mountain track that's 162 inches long. 2,592 square inches of snow flotation to get the Apex Mountain on plane, and 2.25 inch gripper paddles to keep it there.

The rider-forward position and wide bars provide leverage and keep you away from blow holes. And a mountain-specific platform rack carries extra fuel and a shovel.

How deep and how high you go is up to you.

Available in Team Yamaha Blue/White, Candy Red with Tribal Graphics.

Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price... $10,599*

Prototype images shown. Production models will feature rear rack.

Here's the pic of the exhaust;

Attachments

• 06_smb_apexMTN_blu_Exhaust_1478.jpg
    06_smb_apexMTN_blu_Exhaust_1478.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 169
Mounatain apex

Rider Forward ;)!
Fuel injection ;)!
162X16X2.25 ;)!
New handle bars ;)!
NO turbooooooooo :(

Over all Im impresses but a bit of a let down from all the pre hype :o|