• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here they are!

crazymike said:
IFlyEm said:
crazymike said:
Before people start complaining...

if you people don't like what Yamaha has to offer, buy someone elses sled.

Obviously non of you appreciate the fact that you haven't been back to the dealer since you picked up your sled or you would realize that most dealers are overstocked with old models. They are already hurting in service because the 4 strokes don't come back for anything but rich people needing a belt change.

Now add the fact that people arn't buying sleds right now because of bad economy, Yamaha is doing best for them.

Newsflash guys, Yamaha is a business. They are out to make a profit, not make a bunch of trolls on the internet happy. If they have a new sled, why would they release it this year when noone is buying instead of next year or the year after when the economy is bouncing back and everyone is buying.

I never figured why people whine so much on the internet about Yamaha when they can go buy a Skidoo or Arctic Cat. Me on the other hand, I will stick with my Yamaha. I will take their 'old' technology and reliability over anything else.

Are you buying a sled this year? I doubt it. I am. A couple actually. And I wanted to buy a Yamaha.

I'm buying a new Nytro either this spring or next fall. I was waiting to see if something new came out.

Nothing did, I was hoping it would, but it didn't. Now I can just buy new old stock and put the savings into modding it the way I want.

I don't blame them for running their business the way they do. Yamaha hasn't applied for a govn't bailout and they won't be going out of business any time soon. So obviously they are doing something right.

Bail out, last time I knew Yamaha was made in Japan?????

IFlyEm said:
Crazy,

Are you going to buy new or buy a leftover?

leftover. It will help my dealer who has been good to me and save me money to put back into the sled.

I wouldn't have complained about a new model, but it's still an awsome thread.

And I'm not a Yamaha CEO, I could care less if you went and purchased a skidoo. I talk to guys on the side of the trail all the time who love their skidoo. You should buy what you want in a sled, not a brand.

Do you think purchasing a leftover is helping Yamaha? This is EXACTLY why Yamaha needed to inject some life into the new lineup. To entice buyers like you to buy a NEW sled.

Ported Hornet said:
crazymike said:
IFlyEm said:
crazymike said:

Obviously non of you appreciate the fact that you haven't been back to the dealer since you picked up your sled or you would realize that most dealers are overstocked with old models. They are already hurting in service because the 4 strokes don't come back for anything but rich people needing a belt change.

Now add the fact that people arn't buying sleds right now because of bad economy, Yamaha is doing best for them.

Newsflash guys, Yamaha is a business. They are out to make a profit, not make a bunch of trolls on the internet happy. If they have a new sled, why would they release it this year when noone is buying instead of next year or the year after when the economy is bouncing back and everyone is buying.

I never figured why people whine so much on the internet about Yamaha when they can go buy a Skidoo or Arctic Cat. Me on the other hand, I will stick with my Yamaha. I will take their 'old' technology and reliability over anything else.

Are you buying a sled this year? I doubt it. I am. A couple actually. And I wanted to buy a Yamaha.

I'm buying a new Nytro either this spring or next fall. I was waiting to see if something new came out.

Nothing did, I was hoping it would, but it didn't. Now I can just buy new old stock and put the savings into modding it the way I want.

I don't blame them for running their business the way they do. Yamaha hasn't applied for a govn't bailout and they won't be going out of business any time soon. So obviously they are doing something right.

you do realize the current economic crisis is world wide, right?

Companies and banks are getting bailouts in Canada, USA, Europe and Asia. Places like Japan are losing market share to cheaper labor places such as China everyday.

This a sad lineup. As far as going to dealer for parts, this years list of parts, for me. 4 rear idler wheels, 11 front idler wheels 2 sets of sliders, front pivot arm. 2 ra cables and slider block. Have cracked slide rail that needs to be fixed, no hand warmers. Blown fox float. Replaced all bushings in clutches.Grinding noise when i hit brake.That just 1200miles this year. Last year was 1 Ra cable , exhaust donuts , 5 front idler wheels . I could go on and on.

Looks like NOS shopping begins...if I buy new it'll be a holdover. Can't blame them for the lineup, I just wonder why all the big hype about the release? They'd have been better off not making a big deal about it and not getting everyone's hopes up for a new model.

IFlyEm said:
Do you think purchasing a leftover is helping Yamaha? This is EXACTLY why Yamaha needed to inject some life into the new lineup. To entice buyers like you to buy a NEW sled.

It will help my dealer. I don't buy my sleds from Yamaha. I buy them from my dealer. My dealer is the one who helps out if I have a warranty issue. My dealer is the one who stays open late on Friday night because I need to come by and pick up a belt.

And buying new old stock does help Yamaha. It's still a NEW sled, they still havn't got their money from the floor plan.

IFlyEm said:

Actually it is. It will help to keep their dealers viable. These guys own a lot of leftover sleds that they would be stuck with if Yamaha came out with something new that blew the old sleds away. If the dealers die then who will sell Yamaha sleds? You can bet that the dealers aren't as upset about this as the consumers are.

Yamaha is not immune to problems, so just like the other 3 brands, there are issues......

Thinking you can ride a yamaha and have no problems is not dealing with reality.

They make good sleds, but it's not like they are the only ones with nice machines.

Yeah, bailout. LOL yamaha will come to Pres Obama asking for bailout $$. Even if they were made here like amny hondas and Yotas, I don't think they would be eligible due to the parent company being japanese.

But then again Ford didn't need bailout $$, jsut GM and Chrysler.

YamahaOutlaw said:
Looks like NOS shopping begins...if I buy new it'll be a holdover. Can't blame them for the lineup, I just wonder why all the big hype about the release? They'd have been better off not making a big deal about it and not getting everyone's hopes up for a new model.

I think WE on TY got our hopes up.

Everyone else has a turbo except yamaha. There going to ride this dead horse until it ends up in the dog food factory. This is the 5th yr of the apex with no changes. And they got rid of the best one!

Well in my business we try to do whatever we can to entice people to spend their money. That is especially true in a tough economy. All thats going to happen here is that people are going to buy leftovers which may help a little as you stated. But a bigger group that was on the fence about a new sled that just needed a little push, are going to "turtle" and just stick with their 2-3 year old sled and not buy ANYTHING. Oh and then there will be the inevitable group that will migrate over to the Doo . I think Yamaha REALLY missed the mark here and is going to lose ground to the other mfgs.

crazymike said:
Ported Hornet said:
crazymike said:
IFlyEm said:
crazymike said:

you do realize the current economic crisis is world wide, right?

Companies and banks are getting bailouts in Canada, USA, Europe and Asia. Places like Japan are losing market share to cheaper labor places such as China everyday.

Sure do. Yami might need a bail out after no one buys 2010 sleds because the Apex line is 5 years old and the Nyrto line will be on 3rd season.

Back