• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here they are!

crazymike said:
Before people start complaining...

if you people don't like what Yamaha has to offer, buy someone elses sled.

Obviously non of you appreciate the fact that you haven't been back to the dealer since you picked up your sled or you would realize that most dealers are overstocked with old models. They are already hurting in service because the 4 strokes don't come back for anything but rich people needing a belt change.

Now add the fact that people arn't buying sleds right now because of bad economy, Yamaha is doing best for them.

Newsflash guys, Yamaha is a business. They are out to make a profit, not make a bunch of trolls on the internet happy. If they have a new sled, why would they release it this year when noone is buying instead of next year or the year after when the economy is bouncing back and everyone is buying.

I never figured why people whine so much on the internet about Yamaha when they can go buy a Skidoo or Arctic Cat. Me on the other hand, I will stick with my Yamaha. I will take their 'old' technology and reliability over anything else.

Don't get down on us because we're dissapointed that Yamaha did not come out with something new and improved! Most of us here bleed blue and we want Yamaha to continue to be competitive. Yes, our sleds are reliable and high performance already, but we do not want to be left behind. In this day and age, you're either improving and developing your product to be better and more desireable or you're just plain falling behind. And yes, Yamaha is in business to make money, but they have to keep their core customers interested, regaurdless of a bad economy, or we just might go somewhere else.

Max ;):D

If you go to other boards there are just as many people giving up on their brand and going to X colour as there are yamaha people going to X colour.

I'm not down on anyone for being disappointed. It's the people who are keep flaming Yamaha and threatening to go buy Doo/Cat/Polaris/Whatever.

Don't threaten, GO

I know just as many people who are going from Doo to Cat to Yamaha. You will be much happier riding a sled than a brand. Just because you buy a doo next year doesn't mean you can't buy a Yamaha the next.

I do understand the current economic situation worldwide, but come on Yamaha. At least do SOME upgrades. Click on the 2010 Phazer spec sheet and look over to the upper right hand corner------2009. Same sled. The Phazer motor could product easily another 10HP. Reliable power too. Beef up the clutch. Beef up the rear skid unit.

Don't give me crap about Yamaha riders NOT spending any money with the Dealers. Although I have not spent any on replacement parts, he sure has enjoyed a healthy dose of $ 1200 in sled accessories.

If Yamaha stands still for just one minute, the competition gets that much closer. Turbo or no Turbo charging, manufacturers MUST keep pushing to better the product they bring to market.

crazymike said:
If you go to other boards there are just as many people giving up on their brand and going to X colour as there are yamaha people going to X colour.

I'm not down on anyone for being disappointed. It's the people who are keep flaming Yamaha and threatening to go buy Doo/Cat/Polaris/Whatever.

Don't threaten, GO

I know just as many people who are going from Doo to Cat to Yamaha. You will be much happier riding a sled than a brand. Just because you buy a doo next year doesn't mean you can't buy a Yamaha the next.

Most people don't buy a sled every year. But every 2-4 years is a guarantee, especially for the trail riders, since we put on some many miles.

In 2003 I bought a new RXI,after 100 + updates in 2004 I bought a new Warrior,in 2006 the Apex GT came along and I had to have it.I still have this sled because they haven't changed any thing to get me to buy.I want a new one but not this year from Yamaha!!! :o|

2010's are underwhelming to say the least, looks like I'm on an XP for next year. I'll come back to Blue when (or if) they get the weight out.
Anyone interested in a mint '06 AttaK?

I was hoping for a sled like my polaris assault so i could get back to yami instead of riding a timebomb, guess I will wait and see what cat and doo come out with.

crazymike said:
Before people start complaining...

if you people don't like what Yamaha has to offer, buy someone elses sled.

Obviously non of you appreciate the fact that you haven't been back to the dealer since you picked up your sled or you would realize that most dealers are overstocked with old models. They are already hurting in service because the 4 strokes don't come back for anything but rich people needing a belt change.

Now add the fact that people arn't buying sleds right now because of bad economy, Yamaha is doing best for them.

Newsflash guys, Yamaha is a business. They are out to make a profit, not make a bunch of trolls on the internet happy. If they have a new sled, why would they release it this year when noone is buying instead of next year or the year after when the economy is bouncing back and everyone is buying.

I never figured why people whine so much on the internet about Yamaha when they can go buy a Skidoo or Arctic Cat. Me on the other hand, I will stick with my Yamaha. I will take their 'old' technology and reliability over anything else.

Mike...it's nice that you bleed blue, and apologize for yamaha before anybody said anything...you must have known people would be greatly disappointed....and news flash...THEY ARE AND HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE!!!! Do you think the economy will stop ski-doo or cat from unveiling something that will be HOT ??? Yamaha riders have always had to "fight the good fight" by themselves, it seems riders of the other brands target yamaha...and this line-up just makes it easy for them to laugh and throw snowballs at us...there is nothing that is a drastic improvement..NO WEIGHT LOSS, NO HIGHER HP ENGINES...NADA.

So take sleds that are grossly over weight compared to the rest of the sleds in their class, have poor handling, and ride compared to the rest of their class....and have over inflated MPG numbers, and what do you have...Yamaha.

It's sad....IMO Yamaha will fall even further behind ski-doo...and watch how many guys jump ship from blue to yellow if an 800 etec gets released this year...not to mention if cat comes out with some form of etec or sdi...if they do...yamaha sales will plummet. People will still take light weight and good fuel economy over heavy and good fuel economy.

so that nice CK rear skid that was supposed to be the best ditch banging skid ever in my RTX is gone... no APEX RTX??? I was excited for something new, but get rid of one of the most fun and fastest things in the bumps? And to think i was considering getting rid of it for something new... looks like i have a collectors item now! i can't believe they got rid of the 150HP ditch banger, when that's the market the other 3 took a shot at (dragon 800, XP800, well cat really doesn't fit, but F8 SnowPro) you get the point....

Big disappointment for 2010

Well I used to bleed blue not anymore anyone can see that Yamaha engineers are not at the top anymore and they are tied with Polaris for 3rd place. Sorry to say but a new doo in my future. Bye bye blue hello light and powerful rev XP :moon:

Really nothing NEW.................. NOT happy at all !!!! Good thing my sled still rocks !!! But bad for Yamaha --- no coin from me !!!!!! maybe next year... :o|

I was really hoping yami would have something new to get my interest. I luv the chassis and suspension on my polaris assault and the engine runs hard, but I know of 4 800 polaris' in my area that have blown up and I know it is just a matter of time till mine does. I was hoping for a 150 hp xtx, so I could put a 1.75 track on it and some better ski's and have the sled I want.

Back