• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking about an 07 VL

asrx600guy

Extreme
I found a low mile 07 VL on CL for a decent asking price.
I sat on one when they were new, and liked the feel of it, but haven't kept up with them since then.
What has changed since then, besides them becoming the MP?
Anything to look for?
decent off trail?
decent "wife sled"?

VL did not become the MP. The differences are spelled out in a thread in the FAQs section. '07 had a few issues but I won't muddy the water with flakey info, Mooseman is sure to chime in when he gets a chance. Regards off trail that depends what that looks like in your area. In my area I ride 95% off trail with no difficulty but I can't just go where ever I want.

Do you really expect all of us He-Man, hairy legged, knuckle dragging MP guys to say the MP is for girls? In short I would say yes with one caveat, it can FEEL tippy on the trail and IS tippy in deep snow. If your lady has an early bad experience before her confidence is up you'll be selling.

Mooseman is sure to chime in when he gets a chance.

You rang? :)

The VL and MP have existed since the beginning except in the US where only the VL was available. Then in '11 IIRC they dropped the VL going only with the MP.

My wife absolutely hates my MP. She is a bombi fan girl though but she just doesn't like the handling even though I got the tippyness in check. It's not a sled for everybody.

Even I'm starting to get tired of it. Just the heavyness of it is getting to me but can still handle it. I am looking for a Venture GT/TF with power steering.

As I rode down to the lake this afternoon it occurred to me that I should add something about the steering ... it is an effort. And that is from somebody who does 90% lake riding, ie. no turns. In fact with the posi-tracking Powderhounds sometimes I can find yesterdays track and it will follow its own trail for miles ... not kidding.

I found the hounds bad for that, which is why I went to the Camoplasts with dual carbides.

If the steering is that heavy; I'll probably skip it. She has nerve problem that mess with her shoulders some.
FWIW, I wasn't all that impressed with the GT's power steering when I borrowed one for a few days.

in eps's defence you still need to set up the sled correctly to handle for your riding. it does take the strain out of my shoulders on 200+ mile days and i use yamaha mtx skis on my apex. rode my old war on same run with same skis and was stiff the next day from turning effort without eps.

Back