• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

This may save your Nytro motor..

I have had quite a few of rx1,s come in burned up those guys never shut down bad senders maybe? but the dummie lights and stuff dont always work I believe this guy remove those little bars with a dremil tool play it safe by the way im going to buy a three holer nytro Im getting a little shy reading this stuff Kim

Roest said:
Nitrousman1 said:
Well I'm glad someone is able to profit from the demise of my motor.

Here's your engine Nitrousman.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-YAM ... nowmobiles

LOL.. I'm already watching it. But I think the motor might be smoked due to the badly crushed oil tank. The seller can't tell me if it runs but he thinks it will. Not sure if I'm willing to take that chance if he can't say for sure it runs.

You also have to worry about the sway bar bracket that mounts to the sub frame. I hit something the other night and it ripped off my belly pan cover but at the same time what ever it was creased the side of my sub frame and pushed that sway bar bracket into my oil pan and put a hole in it.

RealDeal said:
You also have to worry about the sway bar bracket that mounts to the sub frame. I hit something the other night and it ripped off my belly pan cover but at the same time what ever it was creased the side of my sub frame and pushed that sway bar bracket into my oil pan and put a hole in it.

Have any pics you can show us?

Ok here's some pic's. This is the original 2008 subframe with 2800 miles on it. I guess I finally have to replace it.

Attachments

• nytro subframe.jpg
    nytro subframe.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 111
  • nytro oil pan.jpg
    nytro oil pan.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 134
  • nytro heat exchanger.jpg
    nytro heat exchanger.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 149
RealDeal said:
Ok here's some pic's. This is the original 2008 subframe with 2800 miles on it. I guess I finally have to replace it.

Thanks for the pics. At least you'll be replacing it because it is really screwed and not just tweaked slightly! Plus you did get some mileage out of it. The sump cover is not expensive and easy to change. Doesn't look like your heat exchanger is leaking either.

Nitrosman

You know what I find funny and ridiculous. You were complaining about Yamaha not warrantying this.

First of all, you hit Something!! Waranty doesn't cover collision caused damage. Although I agree its a poor design and a problem waiting to happen.

Whats worse is... YOUR SLED HAS A SUPERCHARGER.. If you think yamaha should cover any motor that has been modified in any way. Turbo, Supercharger, nitrous, or even intake/pipe mods. Your head is in your #*$&@. Guys like you are what cloud the factory with pull sh!t waranty claims so the factory can't tell the real problems from the BS ones.

Give your head a shake Bud!

waubamikrider said:
Nitrosman

You know what I find funny and ridiculous. You were complaining about Yamaha not warrantying this.

First of all, you hit Something!! Waranty doesn't cover collision caused damage. Although I agree its a poor design and a problem waiting to happen.

Whats worse is... YOUR SLED HAS A SUPERCHARGER.. If you think yamaha should cover any motor that has been modified in any way. Turbo, Supercharger, nitrous, or even intake/pipe mods. Your head is in your #*$&@. Guys like you are what cloud the factory with pull sh!t waranty claims so the factory can't tell the real problems from the BS ones.

Give your head a shake Bud!

Hey DUMB DUMB, go back and read my original post before you start to attack me. Never said I was expecting it to be warrantied, I said the sled had no warranty and I didn't think Yamaha would do anything anyway even if it did. I said this is a design flaw and it is because that metal bar that cut my oil filter open shouldn't be there only millimeters from the filter. Yamaha should fix this design flaw because by the responses I've seen already its a common issue. What would having a SUPERCHARGER on it have anything to do with the oil filter being cut open??? Don't be such a tool.

waubamikrider said:
Nitrosman

....Give your head a shake Bud!

Stupid post of the day award = you.

Its a design flaw, sure he whacked something but everyone does who doesnt drive down the trail like an old man. The super/turbo has zero to do with the fact of failure since the oil filter failed not any part of the super.

Your giving the canadians a bad name. :o|

Found a 09 sub frame today straightened it and gusseted, welded the sump cover and put it all back together , well almost had to make a new belly pan cover and will be installing the skid plate tonight, I'll be ready to ride tomorrow.

Back