• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Those without fox front shocks - What changes have you made?

powerguy1

Extreme
For non-se riders with front spring shocks what changes, if any, have you made to the front shock spring setup.

I have tightened the front springs but have not ridden it yet. My first good ride I bottomed out the front 6-8 times.

STAIN said:
I have tightened the front springs but have not ridden it yet. My first good ride I bottomed out the front 6-8 times.

I've got the same bottoming out problem. I even bent the exhaust tip in the first 100 miles :(

I tightened up my front springs 5 turns because that is the only field tuning option... but the spring rate is obviously unchanged and tightening the spring only changes ride height and increases rebound speed. That helps two ways... Gives you more initial height before you collapse to bottom and will increase rebound speed/time to prevent progressive collapse (ie., not fully rebounded before the next hit resulting in a progressive bottoming out over a series of bumps)

I'm afraid the long term answer is going to be adding compression dampening by re-tuning the shim stack inside...

Where are you Vermont guys located in the state I'm in southern vt with 14 viper stuck at 75 miles where the snow

Back