• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thoughts on the 2016 Viper MTX

Tricky Nick

Going Vertical
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX 162 Turbo
Back up sled AC M7
Im almost kicking myself for not waiting another year before I bought my sled. Im digging the new 3" track and the narrower ski stance and new spindles. On top of that the sled already comes with a tunnel bag, a goggle bag and wider skis. Im looking forward to testing this sled out
img_zpswebwyxdf.jpg

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/models/srviper-m-tx-162-le

Im still happy w/my 15. The ski stance and spindles was the best change, but I think I may get Alternitive Impacts set to up grade. I have a 3 in. on my Summit and has removed alot of the fun and challenge out of riding exspecially with our snow lately but might be different w/a turbo. Colors are way cool though. Fred

I cant wait to get my hands on the new front end for my 14 xtx! I have a 38" stance on it now but would love to go down to 36"

Anybody know if the new front end changes the geometry much? How much forwarded are the skis compared to -14-15 models?

I was going for a Skinz front end on my -15 due to the, from my point of view, large difference in handling with forwarded ski position. But now, if the geometry is changed to be more like the Skinz Front end I will probably just order myself a -16 153" LE.

Quick look at that front end says it's gonna be a winner. Narrower stance to ease up on the side to side transitioning, more caster helps handling, and to keep steering easy, no axle offset on the spindles.

Should be interesting to hear how the 2016 compares to the 2015.

Never understood the 38-39 stance for a mountain sled. They're all heading to 35-37". Suck on trails but who cares.

OTM

I'd say they probably changed the attack angle and leaned back the spindle. It definitely wont have the +3" forward like the Skinz kit.

2016_Viper_Spindle.JPG

image.jpg
image.jpg

A friend of mine made this comparission today. One can just assume that the pics are set upp pretty much exactly the same way. It certainly looks like the spondels is a bit further forward on the -16.
I hope someone got the exact figures.

If you look at the ski bolt in relation to the nose pan. They look pretty close to me.

I like the new front end but would much rather have that 3 year warranty.

I agree , the position looks to be the same but maybe with more caster. Wish they would have offered a lower profile mountain seat. The factory one is nice and comfy but to tall and bulky for my short legs.

I am on the fence I like the adjustability of the skis and the spindle. I still rock the 08 nytro. I want to upgrade I do not want the 3" track I would be happy with the 2.25 but I want the le with boost and only a 153 my riding does not require a 162

I am on the fence I like the adjustability of the skis and the spindle. I still rock the 08 nytro. I want to upgrade I do not want the 3" track I would be happy with the 2.25 but I want the le with boost and only a 153 my riding does not require a 162

Does your 08 still have the stock front end?

Back