• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ThunderCat vs 900R SHOOTOUT Top Speed

stevewithOCD

Yamaha, Make me Come Back
Country
USA
Snowmobile
900 R
2006 Apex RTX
Here it is by SNOTRAX
I don't know to post the video
If someone here can, it shows EXACTLY what i expect & EXACTLY what i see!

IMG_1886.jpg

Very close. The T-cat was quicker overall.

There is a lot more to snowmobiling than speed. I wish they would do an unbiased review on the trail manners of each sled.

Competition creates better sleds for everyone. I'm wondering did the Cat have the new Clutch on it ? "Adapt "

It's pretty cool they used Dragy. I wish it could have been the Mach but still a good test to compare a couple sleds. It also would have been cool if they had a winder for a third comparison. Hopefully they do more of these. It won't change the internet racing but gives a good view into what to expect in general. Also shows how hard it is to get top speeds on snow vs. ice.

So did they take the windshield off the doo? It is on in the video pic, but not there during testing.

I want to try out a 900r just to make my own conclusions. Steveo, when are you coming to Vermont?

As I suspected the speedos on both these sleds are still in the "Dream Meter" league.
One thing they never spoke of is the Tcat was .6 sec quicker in half mile which equates to approx 90 foot lead in head to head running!

So they are saying that the fact that the Skidoo has a prestudded track , has no bearing on the results ????
They are also saying that there is no track spin causing any of the variances in the dragy and the speedo readings ????
I disagree with both these statements .

3-5 MPH not that big a deal... Ya, OK. They've obviously never been to a speed run. The Cat was faster by 6 MPH when they started. Ended up saying 3-5 MPH Faster than the 900R, and the Cat kept pulling. There supposed to be in the same class here... Not different classes.

Just to put that in perspective, 4 MPH is the difference between two world record setting two-stroke Cats, the lightweight F7 700 and an Cat 1000 Thundercat in a 1000 foot NSSR speed run. OMG... There smoking something funny or just plain out to lunch if they don't think 3-6 MPH is a HUGE difference!

nssr-world-records-1-26-19

I noticed they even said the Doo wanted to pull the skis while the Cat was planted and nose down. I love that handling trait of the Cat/Winder. Keep the dang skis down! The dang doo is just to wheelie happy and lifts the skis all the time, thats why it FEELS fast, one plus is unstudied like that though is you do have better traction, so a plus without studs anyway.

I posted on there site and asked the question why they purposely did not drag race them. They know the answer!!! They purposely made a video showing the drag racing between a 600R and the new Polaris 650.

3-5 MPH not that big a deal... Ya, OK. They've obviously never been to a speed run. The Cat was faster by 6 MPH when they started. Ended up saying 3-5 MPH Faster than the 900R, and the Cat kept pulling. There supposed to be in the same class here... Not different classes.

Just to put that in perspective, 4 MPH is the difference between two world record setting two-stroke Cats, the lightweight F7 700 and an Cat 1000 Thundercat in a 1000 foot NSSR speed run. OMG... There smoking something funny or just plain out to lunch if they don't think 3-6 MPH is a HUGE difference!

nssr-world-records-1-26-19

I noticed they even said the Doo wanted to pull the skis while the Cat was planted and nose down. I love that handling trait of the Cat/Winder. Keep the dang skis down! The dang doo is just to wheelie happy and lifts the skis all the time, thats why it FEELS fast, one plus is unstudied like that though is you do have better traction, so a plus without studs anyway.
Also, they said even though the skidoo felt quicker but in a drag race the Cat will definitely would jump out ahead and keep pulling. They are just not showing what everyone wanted to see.

Back