• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ThunderCat vs 900R SHOOTOUT Top Speed

I posted on there site and asked the question why they purposely did not drag race them. They know the answer!!! They purposely made a video showing the drag racing between a 600R and the new Polaris 650.
Any chance Doo is a big sponsor ? One issue with everything in this country .. Everything is bought and paid for and you sure as hell better not question it or show any negative about where the money trail is coming from?

I
Any chance Doo is a big sponsor ? One issue with everything in this country .. Everything is bought and paid for and you sure as hell better not question it or show any negative about where the money trail is coming from?
Im pretty sure snowtrax's relation with Skidoo was stronger is the past. Meaning Skidoo was heavily funding them.
If you notice, they seem to have more positive reviews for Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Polaris, then they have in the past.
Now the one Lester brother claims he's always been a Yamaha fan and another one pushing Polaris. Something happened. IMHO.....

I
Im pretty sure snowtrax's relation with Skidoo was stronger is the past. Meaning Skidoo was heavily funding them.
If you notice, they seem to have more positive reviews for Yamaha, Arctic Cat and Polaris, then they have in the past.
Now the one Lester brother claims he's always been a Yamaha fan and another one pushing Polaris. Something happened. IMHO.....
Could be.. I only get snowtech magazine anymore.. personal favorite over the years.. I'm sure they all take cash as they have to to survive.. Most times this results in skewed info.

I
Its all perception!!! But Doo and Polaris are the big donors.

Your perspective & your opinion of something, is yours.
Until sponsorship is involved......
That's when things can become askew.
I find the boys entertaining and try to decipher things for myself.
I think they nailed this one and it agrees with my opinion.
The faster you go, the bigger the gap. And that's all I need to take from this. Lol....

3-5 MPH not that big a deal... Ya, OK. They've obviously never been to a speed run. The Cat was faster by 6 MPH when they started. Ended up saying 3-5 MPH Faster than the 900R, and the Cat kept pulling. There supposed to be in the same class here... Not different classes.

Just to put that in perspective, 4 MPH is the difference between two world record setting two-stroke Cats, the lightweight F7 700 and an Cat 1000 Thundercat in a 1000 foot NSSR speed run. OMG... There smoking something funny or just plain out to lunch if they don't think 3-6 MPH is a HUGE difference!

nssr-world-records-1-26-19

I noticed they even said the Doo wanted to pull the skis while the Cat was planted and nose down. I love that handling trait of the Cat/Winder. Keep the dang skis down! The dang doo is just to wheelie happy and lifts the skis all the time, thats why it FEELS fast, one plus is unstudied like that though is you do have better traction, so a plus without studs anyway.
What distance are they running for the nssr-world-records?

These results are exactly what we found on our lake in a mile run dusted ice. Mac Z was 107. Thunder cat 113. Thundercat was way ahead at the end of a mile. Probably a couple of busses. Garmin handheld. SRX is quite a bit faster I would assume.

Stock gearing on the Thundercat and using all the overdrive in the clutch at 8800 rpm, 115 mph (possible) top speed. I have gotten 111 in 1000' with mine all stock which means pulling hard in overdrive...these motors have some grunt!

3-5 MPH not that big a deal... Ya, OK. They've obviously never been to a speed run. The Cat was faster by 6 MPH when they started. Ended up saying 3-5 MPH Faster than the 900R, and the Cat kept pulling. There supposed to be in the same class here... Not different classes.

Just to put that in perspective, 4 MPH is the difference between two world record setting two-stroke Cats, the lightweight F7 700 and an Cat 1000 Thundercat in a 1000 foot NSSR speed run. OMG... There smoking something funny or just plain out to lunch if they don't think 3-6 MPH is a HUGE difference!

nssr-world-records-1-26-19

I noticed they even said the Doo wanted to pull the skis while the Cat was planted and nose down. I love that handling trait of the Cat/Winder. Keep the dang skis down! The dang doo is just to wheelie happy and lifts the skis all the time, thats why it FEELS fast, one plus is unstudied like that though is you do have better traction, so a plus without studs anyway.
After an hour, the yamaha powered cat is 3- 6 miles ahead of the Mack Kohler. Thats how I look at it. Add in the outstanding winder handling and you can have a nice lunch break waiting for the Mack Allison.

Back