• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

timber sled question

yeah, Ice age is notorious for having rails that are too short, so you are out of tension....So they are tipped up then....that is good...we can get you where you want :)

Mine are straight...the skiis are GLUED to the ground!!!!!! 174's work a little differently :)

mtdream said:
philsummers21 said:
Using the GWG. Primary spring.

with stock sled, I would suggest going with a different primary spring...i.e. Orange-Pink-Orange....has a lower engagement...

I've been using the Yellow-Pink-Yellow ( same pre-load as the Orange-Pink-Orange ). Note the Pink in the middle, that's the preload. The clutch engages nice and soft around 2800 rpm. A few other things were changed in the clutching too.

With 3-4 feet of fresh pow, everthing gets amplified. I did see a post on SW a while back about drilling the higher hole in the drop bracket ( like Murph ) on the TS skids. Never have been lucky enough to catch that kind of powder on a TS set up sled. This winter I've been trying to focus on the 2010, but MT decided he wanted to keep it in Bozeman for the winter ;)

You'll get it where you want it to be most of the time. But, everyday of riding is a little bit different based on snow conditions.

scmurs

mtdream said:
yeah, Ice age is notorious for having rails that are too short, so you are out of tension....So they are tipped up then....that is good...we can get you where you want :)

Mine are straight...the skiis are GLUED to the ground!!!!!! 174's work a little differently :)

no just the opposite i have the tensioners full loose and the track is too tight.

the rails are identical to the stock rails except machined for the timbersled and 8 inch wheels

my skis are glued to the ground right now. 0 lift on hard pack but I will say it pulls really hard!!

phil if you are chasing ski lift all that will do is allow it to trench more. i would start by changing the limiter strap to at least 3 maybe 4. Like mt said lose a few pounds in the rear shock.

I mine digs at first but pops right up. Last year with stock suspension it would just plow. would not get on top.

Lower engagement will help to get the track spining slowly not allowing the dig but i am worried about belt slip in the primary then.

I have belt slip in the primary now. I think I am going to go with smaller rollers like i did on my vector, but that creates another problem.

I do not have issues with getting stuck but i have not had 3 ft of powder this year

yeah I am running 14.5 rollers...and different weights...I am running 8-BU's but I am boosted...and pulls like you know what....

boosted would be nice but not now and i am not sure if ever because i really do not need it.
I am thinking of AAEN header or Excell and muffler but then i will need fuel controller as well.

what kind of fuel range do you get being boosted?

I am not that much less than some stockers...I have run out once...It was a LONG deep day, was awesome and well worth it :)

I have an 8.5 gallon trail tank made for the turbo I have, so I have more gas already..

Update on the skid. Found my pressures were lower then what i thought on both shocks so put 90 in front and 135 in rear. Also found one of my upper idler wheels the snap ring broke and the idler pushed all the way to the tunnel and the track had fallen off to one side. So will test tomorrow and report back

Today was alot better. Ran the front at like 80 Rear at 125 Limiter hole 3. Close but not perfect yet. will install a shim on the top for next ride see how it works.

phil and AK, are you doing the Zip tie trick?

if not, that is the easiest way in the world to tune this suspension...

keep in mind i have only been riding 3 times this year. Between work and lack of snow close

phil did you just get ski lift or is it hopping on the snow better as well?

AK - no ski lift whatsover but it is pulling out of the snow better. I keep forgetting to do the zip ties. Looked at where the snow was rubbing last ride. This last ride it didn't seem like i got traction at all. Track spins like no other just no hook up.

philsummers21 said:
AK - no ski lift whatsover but it is pulling out of the snow better. I keep forgetting to do the zip ties. Looked at where the snow was rubbing last ride. This last ride it didn't seem like i got traction at all. Track spins like no other just no hook up.

Phil, went back and looked...I think you are at 3rd hole, and 85 135 right?

Back