• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

To turbo or not to turbo?

Heilman43

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro Turbo
Hey guys i have a 2011 nytro xtx with a push turbo and looking to get a 15 XTX. To the guys who do mostly offtrail, do i really need turbo? or can i still have a lot of fun without it? I love the turbo for long pulls but i dont really do that much of that. The sled im looking at is the se with the 1.6 track

You can have fun either way, but I found once you boost, you can never go back! Rode the stock Viper for the first year coming off my turboed Nytro, and could not stand not having that boost. Unfortunately it is very costly, but can't stand getting my butt kicked. Worth every penny IMO!

Hey guys i have a 2011 nytro xtx with a push turbo and looking to get a 15 XTX. To the guys who do mostly offtrail, do i really need turbo? or can i still have a lot of fun without it? I love the turbo for long pulls but i dont really do that much of that. The sled im looking at is the se with the 1.6 track

If you do mostly off trail get the 49 tooth sprocket and matching chain to gear it down, then add clutching and I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Well I am a bad one to ask this question!!!! I am having trouble running my other sleds (N/A) after finally getting my XTX running, clutched and handling the way I wanted it. I am at 9 & 12#'s of boost and this thing is like a formula car.

If you have the budget to do it - DO IT!!! But I will warn you it is never enough. after pushing it to 12#'s I have a plan to put the CAT turbo on it this spring and push it to 20#'s of boost.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/this-is-what-i-knew-an-xtx-could-be-like.133551/

Although I have a rtx I am quite happy with my intake clutch exhaust and tuned viper, but than again there is very few places for me to get the use of a turbo to its full capabilities where I ride.

I would do it if money allows. I have narrowed mine to the 38 inch front end wo sway bat and that is a big difference I also did the ice age pro motion on the rear skid it is total worth the money only thing better would be the ez ryde carve x but would love the power

Do It! You wont look back!
You have the suspension set up, to what you like!

Heilman what is your location? Off trail in MI is way different than off trail at higher elevation.Especially if elevation varies where you ride. For me that would be the factor pushing me to a Turbo. Would not be able to stand the huge loss in power at elevation without a turbo is bad enough here dealing with changing conditions and low speeds in poor conditions. Elevation would be the final straw for me. Turbo only solution.

Back