• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top gear

swampcat

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 S W LTX-GT
2016 LTX-LE calls for part # 8JP-E769A-40-00. If I order this will the NEW gear have lube holes already ? Or any of you SideWinder people have a part # for a 24 t gear that is holed Thanks.

Nope, just trying to find a holed gear to replace the stocker with 6800 miles on it. Still have some of my $500 Spring Surge money to burn up. If dealer wont cover it under warranty. That 2020 Winder LTX-GT sure would dress up the garage though.

Nope, just trying to find a holed gear to replace the stocker with 6800 miles on it. Still have some of my $500 Spring Surge money to burn up. If dealer wont cover it under warranty. That 2020 Winder LTX-GT sure would dress up the garage though.
You putting the 15 wide chain on too?

Parts fiche lists the 24t top gear at 8JP-E769A-40-00. Shows the chain as a 13w BWA. Guessing that means Borg Warner. Just trying to find a stock drilled gear that will fit.. Getting parts lined up for summer tear down. Learned a long time ago not to park the sled till the middle of April. Will see what everything looks like when in there. Curious to see what the tensioner looks like.

The gear with the oil hole drilled will not necessarily take care of the bushing issue.

These top gears definitely do not have the right type of bushing for the application. I am next to positive the bushings are a steel liner with a layer of sintered bronze coated with PTFE (teflon) on the I.D. The photo below is a used 21T gear that I purchased that is supposed to have only 400 miles on it. The I.D. of the bushing is black when new (the PTFE coating). You can see the sintered bronze in this pic because the PTFE has worn or was "pushed" off the bronze. If you look close at the top edge of the bushing, you can see some material that I believe is the PTFE coating that has been pushed off the bronze because this type of bushing is not meant to take the heavy loads that this application has. Wrong bushing application by the manufacturer... at least for the high-torque 4-stroke engine that are in these sleds.

0408192037_HDR.jpg

s-l400.jpg

If you drill the gear ang give place for a bigger and stronger bushing I'm afraid we gonna worn the jackshaft instead.

Hello , I have had the same issues and spent the last year designing and load testing many different bushings, we now have a design that supports the load developed by the sidewinder and thundercat as our DMC bushing has 50% more area. we have them available on ebay at "DMC Top Gear Yamaha Sidewinder / Arctic Cat Thundercat Heavy Duty"
I sure hope this is successful and due to it being such a issue for many I hope its successful. I am leaving this up here till MrSled gets back. You absolutely MUST become a paid Vendor to advertise here. A.S.A.P. when you do you will have my full support if this works.

Hello , I have had the same issues and spent the last year designing and load testing many different bushings, we now have a design that supports the load developed by the sidewinder and thundercat as our DMC bushing has 50% more area. we have them available on ebay at "DMC Top Gear Yamaha Sidewinder / Arctic Cat Thundercat Heavy Duty"
I saw it on Facebook and I am as the one asking the question about the bearing material. I think $350 might be a bit higher than most are willing to spend.

I saw it on Facebook and I am as the one asking the question about the bearing material. I think $350 might be a bit higher than most are willing to spend.
Especially with no Data to back up the claims. His seller rating is good but mostly from buying not selling. Anyone who takes the plunge please report back here.

The gear with the oil hole drilled will not necessarily take care of the bushing issue.

Our DMC heavy duty bushing and gear solve the top gear bushing issues.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 127
Our DMC heavy duty bushing and gear solve the top gear bushing issues.

Haven't really heard of anyone buying it yet...

Back