• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

top speed, fuel mileage

my 06 vector gt i have seen 107 on the dream o meter and i avg, 18 to 21 mpg dependion on conditions ect...

My 05 Rage , my best with perfect condition ,ice with a Hard dust of snow , new drive belt , 96 studs , I weigh 172 lbs , gas tank 1/4 fill , position horizontal ! , mirrors closed , 2 runs , miles long , low windshield ,,,,,,,,,, 190 KMS !!! Sorry it's in metric (Canada ) Did not bother setting the speedo in mph ! It FLIES :Rockon: Lou's rage

Hard pack lakes and roads average 116 mph top speed was 119 on speedo.
On aspahlt 124 mph on speedo actual speed was 111.9mph

Fuel milage really riding hard geared down 14.5-16mpg
stock gearing driving casual 18-20.5mpg

pro 116, so how are you running 119 when everyone else including mine will see 105 or so?HMMMMM?
Whats the going rate, about $200 to $300 per MPH???LOL

Haven't seen over 17 mpg or under 16 on my 08 GT. good enough for me, I use throttle.

snoway do a search there are several people with higher speeds.There is this exact topic a couple years ago.That's when the sled was bone stock too.
Your suspension adjustments have a big effect on top speed also along with the fluid.

This is why I usaully don't answer to technical question's is because of guys like you.

Pro 116, you took my comments the wrong way.
Wasn't calling you a liar, just asking what it costs to get a vector to go that fast.
You have to admit, there is a HUGE, HUGE, difference between 105 ish and 119 on the speedo.
Sounds as if your numbers were challenged in the past.
So instead of mentioning "some other topics a few years ago", why not give up your "suspension" adjustments.
Isn't that what TY is all about??

I know i'm way off topic, but I couldn't help but ask how you achieved those numbers.
your "guys like you" comment was un called for, moderator.

hey snoway,
Ryan (pro 116) is a great rider and good asphalt racer and mechanic. I first met him in Jeff Simons shop. Plus if you had him as a friend you wouldnt find a more loyal or nicer guy. He doesnt derserve this. He does have his go fast tips and tricks, but to be badgered into giving them up......???????

I can see 115+ whenever I want on a road and have seen 122 on a 6 mile lake run with 1" snow over crust. On a groomed trail I rarely get over 108-110. I never rode my sled stock so I don't know if my add-ons made a big difference or not. Looking at some of these posts I would say they helped. I have about an extra $800 into it.

On thing that may be of interest you you Vector riders is that I had much squeeling at idle from the DN8 belt. I went to the Carlisle belt #138-4432U3 belt and all that squeeling stopped immediately. Also much easier to change. No change in mileage or top speed. Still get 19-20 MPG and about 112 on the dream meater which transulates to about 105 MPH I am told. Try that Carlisle belt next time. 05 Vector ER.

i have seen 119 but it was on almost bare ice. but nothing hardly over a 100 on hardpacked.

ryan (pro116) is an excellent guy and is the type of guy that if your sled isn't running right he will help you fix it or tell you what is wrong. he is very good at tuning...believe me i watched his vector eat up and spit out rx1s and f7's just on a clutch kit and exhaust.

hey ryan if ur checking this i sent u a pm

I'm just sayin' speed ain't cheap, and all my comments were in a light hearted manner, so maybe cut me some slack too.
This thread was asking what your out of the box vector will do and what the avg. mpg is.
So if a "racer" chimes in with some incredible numbers, he shouldn't be shocked when asked "how much"
clutch kits and exhausts ain't cheap, so I guess I was right after all at $200 per mph not to mention the time involved in truing up your susp. components which if paid for is $$$$$.
Elitism doesn't impress me much.
I appoligize if I offended anyone.

Back