• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top speed on your sled?

Jojack

Hi new to this forum:) I own a 2009 Apex MTX. I purchased it used and and sure that it is a stock sled. I drive it on the lakes and trails mainly not in the mountains. Just wondering what I should expect for a top speed on my sled? Riding around last year I cant remember it breaking 90mph. Just curious what other riders are seeing.

104 and it would run out of gear with the stock track cut doesn and low elevation clutching.If you gear up you would get more.

97 MPH at sea level with an after market Camoplast 62 pound track! I'm o.k. with that! The sled is not designed to be a lake racer but if you point it up on the steep and deep, that's where she shines.

mtx

08 mtx track shaved to 1 1/4 geared 23/40 126mph dreammeter.

07 mtx se geared 22/38 stock track 114 dreammeter. Helix from Shorty added 51/43 118mph dreammeter.

Stock apex ltx gt 118 on dream meter on hardtack groomed trail

Sorry did not realize MTX..... I am a MTX wanabe.. lol

This will make you laugh, mine read 110 at one point on the speedo, 08 40th aniversary, geared to a 19 tooth and have a CE track since then but still saw over 100.

when I ran last year with my sled all stock I couldn't get over 87 and that was tickling the rev box. Since have regeared to 22/40 and have reclutched. I would assume after I get the clutching dialed in I will see over 100 on the dream-o-meter.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. I think i'm going to do some playing around with weights and springs. I want the sled to have a little more top end. Would love to set it up so I can feel they skis lift up when I hit the gas. Any suggestions would be a huge help. I already emailed the guys from Boss preformance but would look any anything.

135 on the dreamometer and still pulling hard when I blew the thottle bodies off with a 174 X 15 X 2.5. Not exactly stock though.

Jojack said:
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. I think i'm going to do some playing around with weights and springs. I want the sled to have a little more top end. Would love to set it up so I can feel they skis lift up when I hit the gas. Any suggestions would be a huge help. I already emailed the guys from Boss preformance but would look any anything.

If your lower elevation definatley gear up a little.

Back