• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Torco octane booster ?????

ALASKANCOLT45

Lifetime Member
I'm looking for a cheaper route for high octane gas. I'm running 7lbs of boost at 500-3000 feet above sea level. So I need 95-100 octane gas.
For the people out that are running boost what kind of fuel are you using. I have read alot about people using torco octane booster rather than running race gas. I live in Fairbanks were 100 unleaded octane race goes for 85 bucks for 5 gallon cans. 110 race gas goes for 150 for 5 gallons. I'm wondering how many of you guys are using race fuel( or av gas) and how many are using a octane booster. For those who do run a fuel booster are you having any problems with quality, ruff running or pre detention. Or do you guys think I should suck it up and keep my wallet on a diet for race gas. I believe in race gas is cheaper than a new engine but at this rate I won't have enough to keep buying gas to go ridding. :o|

I would ask MPI what they reccomend as your not running extreme boost the torco might get you by. If you do the calculator in the sticky in this forum you need about 94 octane. Seems like your way too safe right now.

AKYZ450F said:
I just bought 15 gallons of 110 at sourdough and it was $170. Just me but wouldn't skimp on the quality of the fuel.

You must have a discounted account. I just picked up 10 gallons of 100 octane From sourdough bulk plant and my receipt says $154.30. That was back in January when fuel was a bit cheaper.

2 things - MPI will have a solution to allow you to run pump gas with your stage 1 kit. It will be available next season.

For your race gas - just go to your local small airport and fill up with 100LL av gas. It is 100 octane and about $5.50 per gallon.

Torco accelerator works great and we have been running it for a couple seasons now. I would say half of one of their bottles would be just fine with pump premium. We have been running turbos and supers at sea level for two seasons at 6-8 psi with torco and no issues. I personally ran my mcx at 8-9 and mixed in a third of a can of torco to each tank and the pistons looked great!!

If your paying that much for 100 your getting screwed.

Yea I'm thinking of giving it a try. Now I just have to find some body in town who sells it. I have been reading nothing but good reviews on it and it is a butt load cheaper than race gas.

Phillips Recreation here in town sells it. I run leaded 110 in my sled. And they must have changed things at the bulk plant because last year I was getting 100LL pumped in to my containers.

I did a quick search on Amazon - Torco sells it and advertises free shipping (not sure if that applies to AK or not)

$260 for 5 gallons - that should last a while :)

AKYZ450F said:
Phillips Recreation here in town sells it. I run leaded 110 in my sled. And they must have changed things at the bulk plant because last year I was getting 100LL pumped in to my containers.

That's why you are pay less. I'm getting 100 unleaded you are getting leaded av gas. The unleaded comes in its own sealed can because they sell very little. Alot of people by av gas so they buy it in bulk and store it in a big tank and pump it out to customer tanks. That's why you are paying less. MPI told me DO NOT run av gas because it was design to only run at low rmps.

I get av gas at the bulk plant and have been mixing it about half and half to pump premium. Running the same boost as you. Over a 1000 miles and still running like a champ.

I have ran both in my turbo. I love the smell of the AV gas but Torco is way more convenient. Fill up with premium at the pump and dump some in and go. No more running out to the airport and filling a bunch of cans and hauling them along on trips.

I have been running both at 16# of boost. So far so good.

Back