• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TORS CODE 84

myrodman

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 attak
05 warrior
I KEEP GETTING CODE 84 ON MY 06 ATTACK. IVE ADJUSTED THE TROTTLE CABLE TO SPECS AND EVEN LOOSENED IT SOME. I CAN HAMMER THE SLED WITH NO PROBLEMS BUT WHEN YOU LET OFF THE TROTTLE AND GET BACK IN IT IS WHEN THE CODE AND TORS COMES ON. I THINK THE PROBLEM IS OCCURING BECAUSE THE TROTTLE LEVER IS NOT PUSHING THE TORS SWITCH BEFORE OPENING THE TROTTLE. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR DOES ANYONE HAVE A FIX? THANK YOU

Did you lay the sled over by chance or snag the throttle cable possibly. Where the cable enters the handle bar control there is a small metal tab behind the flat end cap with 3 little philips head screws, that holds the end of the throttle cable in place. if you snagged the cable this tab bends or breaks giving you the code. You have to cut the little wire tie to get the end cap off and the tab is held in place with another philips screw. I have had this happen 3 or 4 times on rx's and apexes.

THANKS FOR THE POST I CHECKED THE SMALL METAL CLIP ON THE TROTTLE CABLE AND ITS OK ANY OTHER IDEAS THANKS AGAIN

Cable routing and tension is the usual cause of inappropriate TORS activation, but it can also be a bad microswitch at the throttle lever or on the throttle bar.

You can bypass TORS as shown in your manual as a "diagnostic step", but if adjusting throttle cable tension doesn't do it, you may have to take it in.

Back on my old 2005 Vector, in it's first year, my TORS system would do exactly the same thing as you describe. Vector riders were fit to be tied, then Yamaha announced a recall on the sleds and replaced all the CDIs.

Please don't use all-caps in your posts.

I have an 06 RTX that does the exact same thing, I have the cables adjusted perfect. When you let off on throttle or blip throttle it seems that if the throttle itself closes before the throttle bodies is when the TORS acts up, I lubed the spring and it did not make a difference. Can the return spring be broke, adjusted, replaced? I have found a way to ride it without it happening but it shouldn't do it anyways.

Other than that sled is mint, 4800 miles and still going strong.

Same problems

I have a 07 apex GT and had the same problems before season last year. I took it to a buddy of mine that is a mechanic and he was stumped at first, then he found that one of the butterflies got a little off center and was causeing them to close very slow once they got almost closed. JUst had to losten the screws on the butterfly that was hanging up and instantly heard them snap shut. Hope that helps you out.

this happened to me

this happened to me,, but metal clip is missing behind plate,, how do you fix or replace,, is it the whole assembly

See Yamadogs' post above it explains how to replace the clip. I also had this problem and it was right after changing he spark plugs. I put the CR9ekb in it the dual electrode plugs. Right after I put it back togetther I started it and go the 84 TORS code. The owners manual says tto use the stock plug or it could throw this very code. I thought if alot of the guys on here were putting the CR10ek plugs in with no problem the Cr9ekb's shouldn't be a problem either. I tore it back apart and checked the routing of the throttle cable and it was good. I noticed my throttle pull was alittle stiffer also. I had pulled the throttle cable out to reroute it over the handle bar pad instead of under it and didn't get it seated back in all the way. Once I got it seated it has been ok. By the way the Cr9ekb plugs have made my 07 Attak a different machine, way better throttle response. Last year it had a hard time beating my 04 700 Polaris (which is quite modded, and my son was riding the Poo and he is 100 lbs lighter). This year it is not even close I destroyed him on my Poo. I was up around Grand Marais 2 weeks ago and with the crusty stuff that was down a couples inches below the fresh snow I could pull the skis about 2 feet off the ground from 40 mph and I have my transfer rod set close to the minimum. I don't have any dyno testing to prove this but my butt and the spanking I gave my son on my Polaris was good enough for me. Gene

myrodman said:
I KEEP GETTING CODE 84 ON MY 06 ATTACK. IVE ADJUSTED THE TROTTLE CABLE TO SPECS AND EVEN LOOSENED IT SOME. I CAN HAMMER THE SLED WITH NO PROBLEMS BUT WHEN YOU LET OFF THE TROTTLE AND GET BACK IN IT IS WHEN THE CODE AND TORS COMES ON. I THINK THE PROBLEM IS OCCURING BECAUSE THE TROTTLE LEVER IS NOT PUSHING THE TORS SWITCH BEFORE OPENING THE TROTTLE. HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR DOES ANYONE HAVE A FIX? THANK YOU

Does anyone have a pic of where the metal tab goes? I received a used throttle assem. that was apart and dont know where it goes ? I also have no TORS code

fixed mine where cable went into area where thumb throttle was metal end was out past the metal clip that is scred in,, loosend screw gently pushed cable back in click, presto,, and works great

Heck mine came on the other day after we pulled them out of the trailer and it was warming up. We think it had some snow/ice build up by the thrttle safety switch. I performed the "Safety check" like the owners manual states and it cleared it. well after I shut off the sled and restarted it. Never came on again.....

olsmann said:
Do you have your speedo disconected?

I have code 42 and 84. But I simply lost my speedo gear. I guess I didn't tighten it up after I changed drive sprockets.....but that could be because I broke my ankle when the sled wasn't back together and simply forgot it!

So on Sunday I went for a blast up the lake (yes with a cast!) and as soon as I got on the lake I got code 42 (no speedo). So I pulled off the side cover, picked up the bolt and gear and tossed them in the trunk and continued to blast down the lake! Then when I let off WOT, I got code 84 also.

I will put the speedo gear back on tomorrow. Codes will be gone.

Too bad an ankle wasn't that easy to fix!

:drink:

Back