• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TORS problem

Can somebody be a little more specific about how to bypass to TORS please? I had the handlebar pad off my wife's Vector and while I had it off I was looking and trying to figure out which wires I would need to disconnect if She has this problem. It looks like the throttle switch wires comeout of the back side of the handlebars and have clear plastic connectors on them. Are these the wires the need to be disconnected? If so, what do you plug them into instead? There were no empty connectors under there.

bypass

there are two single connectors, one white, one black. plug the white and black connectors together coming from the motor.

tors code 84

I had the tors problem and saw that loosing up the throttle cable would help. I did loosen the cable and problem gone. I now have 178 trouble free miles on my blue rage. now the only problem I have is keeping up with the track streching it likes to rachet at time out of the hole. It have great power. can't wait to get more miles on it and see how it run after it loosens up.

:4STroke:

tors

Rode mine a little more this weekend. Problem is still gone since they rerouted my throttle cable. Can't tell you exactly where it was or where they routed it to, but it fixed it.

My sled was in for a second time last week. This time the day it was in a representative from Yamaha was at the dealer and he requested that the entire carberators be removed and shipped for testing. Meanwhile a new set of carbs were shipped and installed. I was able to ride it for 160 km one day this weekend problem free. Had a great quiet ride without the backfiring. Great service from the dealer and Yamaha.

I had the TORS kick in this weekend while riding. It would only happen when I would grab a hand full of throttle and then adjust the thumb warmer up or down and get back on it, I would have to roll to a stop, let the rpm drop and then I could take off again! Going to look at the cable routing, but I don't think that will matter as I was always going straight when it happened and there's hardly any tension on the cable.

Attachments

• Expert-x mount detail.jpg
    Expert-x mount detail.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 384
I have a new RS Venture with 50 miles on it. The TORS problem started happening right away and is still happening every once in awhile. Like others it happens after you let off on the throttle and then want to hit it again. I don't know if mine is related to cable routing since most of my occurances have been on straight trails. Have not gone back to dealer, but I will now after reading this thread.

To bypass the TORS see your owners manual TROUBLESHOOTING section. Takes only a minute or two to complete. Every Yamaha I have had has had this problem and my new Vector is no exception. I just disconnected mine.

Had TORS problem on my Vector even after all adjustments to spec. Got better when I adjusted throttle positioning on handlebars but still not gone yet. Seems to happen most when On/Off/On throttle movements, happening during hard riding. Can be how your grabbing the throttle, seems to be very sensitive to position. Tried shimming throttle pivot pin to eliminate slop in throttle in up down motion but couldn't get it to work so took shim out (small washer). Will talk with dealer to see if he can find out more from Yamaha. Never had problem on SRX with TORS. Don't want to bypass saftey feature of TORS so hope they have a fix. Getting annoying after 1000 mi of riding. Cable routing seems to be good but not sure where it would should actually be. Keep asking your dealers so we can get action from yamaha.

I by-passed mine under the handle bars ...its not a throttle adjustment prob..its gonna be a recall...does it when going straight and in turns it doesn't matter..I've adjust mine and deal has adjusted many other and theres still does it. I heard its something to do with an electrical problem not getting enough juice to somewhere? BY-PASS IT 4 now.

Folks, bypassing the tors is a great temporary solution, however you are not doing yourselves, your dealer or Yamaha any favors. Take the sled back to your selling dealer for as many times as it takes to fix it. I had the same problem on my Vector and after several attempts to adjust throttle, cable, linkage and switch, three new carburators were ordered and installed on my sled. I believe Yamaha is aware that there is a problem with the tps sensor in the carbs.

:4STroke:

Oh yeah 4 sure take care of the problem but dont worry about it if you want to do some riding its something to me that can wait till spring or when I'm done riding..I never even used a teather when I rode my last sled..

Re: bypass

nty said:
there are two single connectors, one white, one black. plug the white and black connectors together coming from the motor.

Okay, maybe I'm blind, but I don't see the wires you are referring to (see photos.)

Attachments

• 0001a.jpg
    0001a.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 373
  • 0002a.jpg
    0002a.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 423
all I can discribe to you is I un-plugged tow wires on te throttle side and got one to plug into the other and that by-passes it>>I think in the bottom pic it would be the two left ones

Back