• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tour buddy?

I was looking at the Nytro trying to see where I could possibly install a tour buddy gas tank for a few extra gallons of gas so I messed around with photoshop and came up with something let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• tour buddy.jpg
    tour buddy.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 247

My first thought:

12+lbs (assuming 2 gallon tour budy) seems like a lot of weight to be sloshing around on a clutch guard. Unless I am missing something as to how it is supported.

yeah you would need someway to suppourt it so that all the weight isnt on the clutch cover

My dealer promised 100miles per tank or he would buy it back

skoalring11 said:
yeah you would need someway to suppourt it so that all the weight isnt on the clutch cover

Sweet idea! It could be mounted to casting behind it, not the clutch guard.

i was lookin at one of those before i bought my war for a sxr 500. it mounted right on the belt gaurd in that sled as well. look at (i think) kingers rx1 with the 110 octane tank mounted right on the belt gaurd.

the ZX chassis DOO's used to mount the Tour Buddy on the clutch guard. you just had to reinforce the underside of it with a couple strips of aluminum. never had a problem.

great thing to have, but IMO it's too square looking. too bad they couldnt have designed it a little more round. i do like the tank above the clutch cover idea..

Back