• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track adjusters

Turboflash

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 ZR9000 Ltd. 137 - PEFI Stage 4
Just more reinforcement - check your track adjusters when doing maintenance. Of the 5 TCats I've serviced in the last 3-4 weeks ALL had broken adjusters. Lots of previous threads on this. Grip-N-Rip has the billet ones that won't break.

Attachments

• track adjuster2.jpg
    track adjuster2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 225
  • GripNRip track adjusters.1.jpg
    GripNRip track adjusters.1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 294

5FC28C80-55BE-41D7-BA5C-F384FAF13D3C.jpeg

one of the reasons I bought this new forth wheel kit this year heard a lot of people cracking them.

View attachment 150990

one of the reasons I bought this new forth wheel kit this year heard a lot of people cracking them.
Those look a lot like my larsons kit,the adjuster is also relocated to the outside,most of the reason I bought them,just because of the crapy cat designed adjusters,mine were all split and ready to come apart.

J&T products will make the adjusters part of our axle on our wheel kits on our next run of axle. That will be next month I believe. Will be no extra charge on our big wheel kits.

Evolving from Great to Even Better! Nice to hear.
I have not had any problem with my stock adjusters used with my Stealth 4 wheel kit, but my buddy with his stock set up had to replace his last year because both of them cracked, so I shall keep an eye out for that also!

Those look a lot like my larsons kit,the adjuster is also relocated to the outside,most of the reason I bought them,just because of the crapy cat designed adjusters,mine were all split and ready to come apart.
Yes they are I’m really impressed with this kit they did a nice job

Yes they are I’m really impressed with this kit they did a nice job
After I fought with these stock cat adjusters stock and yet one more set that failed,thats when I bit the bullet and bought the larson kit,man its almost overbuilt,but better than underbuilt,no problems so far,it now has about 2000 miles on it.

Just more reinforcement - check your track adjusters when doing maintenance. Of the 5 TCats I've serviced in the last 3-4 weeks ALL had broken adjusters. Lots of previous threads on this. Grip-N-Rip has the billet ones that won't break.

These are great but don’t fit the 19’s and 20’s

Still running JY kit on a 17 with 7350 miles. No issues with stock parts shown in post. I pulled my entire skid and replaced all wheels and slides. I specifically checked the stock adjuster parts. Not saying they shouldn’t be checked and obviously they can be a issue as shown.

I put 8 k on stock set up the other sled 11k with no issues either always did my maintenance and inspections always looked good but I just bit the built and figured i would change this year.

Pan

Most people don't know that JT Trihub and Stealth kits push against the outer diameter of the stock adjuster and pushes the adjuster adjuster directly against the rail. The stock axle push at the center bottom of hole and stresses the cast adjuster.

These are great but don’t fit the 19’s and 20’s
This is the super duty 19-20 axle.
You'll can wad up the whole sled and this will still be a reusable good part.

Attachments

• 2019 Axle.jpg
    2019 Axle.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 2019 Axle & Wheels.jpg
    2019 Axle & Wheels.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 190
That axle fits through the slots?
If you are talking about the 1/2" Barn of Parts solid axle, yes, it fits through the slots fine, but you have to drill out the adjusters. That's why I recommend using a replacement adjuster such as the Grip n Rip.

Back