• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track rub on shock?

Apex809

Expert
Has anyone come up with a different way of keeping the track off the shock when running studs,other Alan's bearing kit.

I had a set of them go bad but I think it was because of the angled backers I had in. the head of the stud didn't fit flush with the track and maybe hit the bearings enough times that it ruined them.
I put regular backers in and a new ulmer kit and have not had any problems since.

In the preferred vendor area, in Ulmer Racing's section, they mention under the Rub Kit topic that they have a newer version of the kit available.

"The kit includes 2-cnc machined idlers, 4-bearings, and all hardware for $70"

Has anyone tried this version?

xcsp said:
In the preferred vendor area, in Ulmer Racing's section, they mention under the Rub Kit topic that they have a newer version of the kit available.

"The kit includes 2-cnc machined idlers, 4-bearings, and all hardware for $70"

Has anyone tried this version?

Yes, I have had mine for past 600 miles and it's working really well!

antirub

i made a kit out of some 3/8 plastic that i had.ive had it one for about 2000 miles now and they are still holding up.ill try and make up another set and take pictures.work really well.no wear on my shock.shane

I had one of the first versions and mine broke too...

since then,ive let it run with NOTHING there,and IMO there is no need for anything there....the shock wears down abit then its fine after that....at least on my sled i dont see anymore wear whatsoever.....

Dan

Back