• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track stands and tension tools

NytroJoe

Hey all I posted this in the FX Nytro MTX forum as well just so ya don't waist any of that riding time reading both.

Hey all I was hoping to get a little info on Track Stands and Track tension checking tools. I have just purchased my first mountain machine and as I suspected the track stand from my old crossover machine doesn’t lift high enough to lift the track off the ground. Was wondering what some of you use and were to get one? Yes I do know some places like Royal sell them but there might be others I don’t know about?

Also along the same lines is weather or not any of you use a track tension checking tool and if it’s any good, then were to find one. I Googled it and found one from Woody’s has anyone got one? Is there one that can also check drive belt tension too?

I picked up a track stand from Princess Auto for under $50. It works pretty good and has an adjustable height as well as a shield to prevent ice from flying off the track and hitting something (most likely a window) behind it. Here's a link: http://www.princessauto.com/_osn.cfm?CT ... th%20GUARD

As for a track tension tool, I fashioned one out of a ruler and a fish scale. Drill some holes in the ruler, hook the fish scale through it and viola! Tough to describe.

Their is so many lift on the market, on my side i have a nice one but be prepare to pay over 400 grant kind of lift that slide under the machine and lift it all four feet off the ground and free the track so the the machine can run on it, marvelous. for the track be carefull no to ajust by hand because it is dificult to have the right pull on each side, on my side i have made myself a 30 pound steel with a hook and voila same pull on each side, the scale is right to. just order my mtx 40th to, what a nice little babe.

Its surprising that anyone would actually PAY MONEY for something like a track stand... All it takes is a board the right length to prop under it, possibly a little more for stability if you want to spin the track on it safely, either way, definitely NOT difficult to make.

As for track tensioning tool, just find an OBJECT of the correct weight (or learn how to push the track down with about the right force).

Regarding drive belt tension..... thats just silly. Check the center to center distance, the width of the belt, and the ride height of the belt in the secondary. All it takes is a ruler.

Back