• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail tank/spark plugs?

Re: plugs

Bpatch50 said:
Why couldn't your friend change the plugs on his RX1 on the trail? On my 05 they were rite there on top.

As far as the trail tank goes, I guess it depends on where you ride - if the likelyhood of you running out of gas is higher than fouling a plug then the tank is probably worth it. In New York, it's rare I go 100 miles without seeing a gas pump.

I don't understand why people are making such a huge deal about this tank anyway. The Nytro will still go further on a full tank than many of older (and some current) 2 strokes.

I guess it is for the extra range. I ride with a bunch of yamaha guys with new machines and fellow 2 strokers. So far I am the only one with a Nytro so a 10 gal TT puts me in there range. A lot of mountain guys think it's a huge deal. ;)!

I ride in Quebec a few times a year. in some areas you need a sled that can go more than 90 miles on a tank.

One of the mags had real world testing as far as gas mileage goes for 08's. The Vector was first with an average of 17 mpg or so and the Nytro was second with an average of about 15. That's average, so if you have a 7.5 gallon tank, lets use 7 gallons at 15mpg and that equals 105 miles. Now I know you may get lower, but you may also get higher when you are cruising, so I know with my 02 Viper I was looking for gas at 90 to 100 miles, so should be about the same or better even with the small tank. But, I can see where people want and need the bigger tank. I don't think you are going to foul plugs.

Last year I rode with, 1 Attak, 1 F6, 2 Nytro's, and 1 Vector. The two Nytro's ran out of gas with 10 ft. of each other at I believe 92 miles. The Attak was on fumes, me (06 Apex RTX), the F6, and the Vector went on to get gas for the rest. We all made it the extra 14 miles needed. The Vector still had about 3/8 left I think, the F6 and I were on fumes, I think I had a gallon left. Because of this we were delayed about two hours. Not fun. I can definently see why some want the T.T. I know I will not be passing a gas station in the future. Most of the riding we did up to running out was rail type stuff, lots of WFO, which for any sled is when you will get the worst mileage. So take it for what it's worth. When I'm out ridding the amount of fuel is near the top of the list of things I worry about, fouling a plug is the last. If I foul a plug I can (regardless of how difficult) fix it. If I run out of gas, there's only one thing I can do, walk. Me I'd rather be wrenching then walking any day.

Does anyone know where to get a tank like that in Canada? I also saw a thread somewhere with pics of a clear tank. Is that from the same manufacturer?
Thanks for you help.

my plugs foiled on my Apex last sesion i brought it in around thanksgiving for the break in service before we got snow, and the plugs were fine before i brought it to the dealer than i brought the sled home and when in the trailer to pull it out and it wouldnt start the dealer foiled them for me, when i went to pick the sled up it was like 20 degrees and they started the sled and put it on the trailer with out letting it warm up and have the light turn off. so i ended up getting it to start and took it off the trailer and was never able to start it to get it back in i had to change them on my own, damn that sucked needless to say i dont go that dealer anymore and when i went to ask them why the plugs would be foiled if they serviced it they said they just found out you have to warm them up first they didnt know that :die

I got between 95 and 115 miles to a tank of gas. I was ridding with 600 Doo's most the time. By next year I'll have a trail tank, since everyone else had more miles to go when my low gas came on.

Back