• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail tank will not fit

I forgot to mention that I removed the steering gate bolts and it still would not move forward far enough. I'm wondering if anybody has either trimmed the rearward portion of the tank or the part of the seat assembly that forms the pocket or crotch that slides between the tunnel and the tank? The idea of modifying the tank doesn't seem so good, but it would be nice to get the seat to match up to the tank and for the bolt engagement to be a straight shot.

I don't think modifying the tank or seat would be a good idea. You will still have difficulty installing the hood. Perhaps some form of lubricant on the metal steering gate will help slip the tank in. Is it possible that your sled frame isn't straight? ie. crashed/bent your sled?

How much fuel do you have in the tank? I drained mine down pretty low so the tank has more flex when forcing it in. Trust me... it takes a whole lot of patience when trying to get the tank in there. I was losing mine when it finally fit in the way I needed it too. Also make sure the sending unit on the right side is not getting pinched when installing the tank.

drain fuel, loosen steering gate mount, ratchet strap the bottom back of the tank on each side forward until studs are at the back of the hole. Definately a tuff fit. Not like the first time it is installed that is for sure

When I first put the tank on it was dry. Got the tank from a guy parting out a wrecked 08 Nytro. I've heard they have improved the tank over the last couple years. Maybe I got a first generation run, cause nothing lined up well. Have to change the oil next week and am not looking forward to it. Did you see how ttabs used a snap system to hold on his hood? He describes it on his mod project?

From what I hear, the newer one's are a much better fit. I have a first generation run as well. Never tried the rachet strap because I didn't know where to hook the other end? But all I know is, it took lots of sweat and tears to get it in there.

treehugger said:
When I first put the tank on it was dry. Got the tank from a guy parting out a wrecked 08 Nytro. I've heard they have improved the tank over the last couple years. Maybe I got a first generation run, cause nothing lined up well. Have to change the oil next week and am not looking forward to it. Did you see how ttabs used a snap system to hold on his hood? He describes it on his mod project?

The very first ones did not have the provision for the MTX heat exchanger. I had one, that came from a local vendor, and there was absolutely no way it would have gone on. Everyone made it right, and I have been nothing buy happy ever since.

Back