• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer flooring

HUS457

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper S-TX-DX - Traded
2023 Sidewinder LTX-GT
Hey guys, I bought a new/used 14x7 enclosed. The floor is clean so I want to do something to it before I get any oil on it. A friend of mine has a beautiful 22’ with a rubber floor which I really liked. But I have no idea what it’s called to look it up. Not having much luck trying to track it down either. If any one here knows what it’s called or where to get it, please let me know.

I know of the puck board and caliber options as well, but I’d like something that keeps the floor level. I’ll use it for the atv’s too.

What about epoxy garage floor paint? How is that for traction? Is that just to protect the floor with ski guides still needed?

Some use truck bed liner as well. But I feel that with flake off eventually and I’m not into spending 2g for a floor liner .

Let me know your thoughts.

Tx

mine is done with thompson water seal. been 5 years since i did it last and holding up pretty good. probably due for a new coat in the spring.

Look up coin flooring on Amazon. They have rolls of it for a decent price. Glue it down and done. Gives great traction and holds up great. Don’t have it in my trailer as of yet but buddy has it in his race car trailer and it’s been abused and still looks new.

I wonder how the pvc holds up for traction? I would think the pvc would grab the carbides and the track would slip on it? Vs rubber, I would think would provide better traction? That said I’ve seen others with the pvc covering. My friend’s trailer had a rubber coin flooring from the factory which worked great .

I went with something similar but from Menards. Happen to catch it when it was on-sale plus had the 11% rebate so wasn't too bad when compared to what I would have if had gone back using Luan sheeting to cover the main deck floorking. Check out this post where we discuss similar trailer floor options which has pictures and links. As for this particular vylnl floor, the carbides actually slide too well with almost no grip when compared to the sheets of luan I had been using.

I went with something similar but from Menards. Happen to catch it when it was on-sale plus had the 11% rebate so wasn't too bad when compared to what I would have if had gone back using Luan sheeting to cover the main deck floorking. Check out this post where we discuss similar trailer floor options which has pictures and links. As for this particular vylnl floor, the carbides actually slide too well with almost no grip when compared to the sheets of luan I had been using.
Thanks Robx-1!! How about the track on it? Does it provide enough traction for the track?

With my tracks either having traditional studs or the molded-in kind, traction was never an issue. I supposed an unstudded track my slip a bit at first but not sure. It also cleans up real nice too when sweeping out the snow after unloading and such.

With my tracks either having traditional studs or the molded-in kind, traction was never an issue. I supposed an unstudded track my slip a bit at first but not sure. It also cleans up real nice too when sweeping out the snow after unloading and such.
i unloaded my 16 apex xtx with no studs out of RobX-1 trailer last year at the ty ride when we trailered to the snow to ride. had more trouble putting it back in my trailer than in his.

i just purchased a new trailer allso... removed this from my old one, its super tuff and slippery smooth.. its out of a 53 foot van commercial trailer, its used around the inside to protect against fork lift damage, way better than bed liner... i allso yrs back bought the proper bed stuff and this out preforms it imo

Attachments

• IMG_6524.jpeg
    IMG_6524.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 29
a friend of mine used rubber cow matting in his 24' trailer. we run our sleds in and out of it all the time with 9" carbides and studs in the tracks and haven not torn/cut it up yet. been using the trailer for at least 8 years this way.

i just purchased a new trailer allso... removed this from my old one, its super tuff and slippery smooth.. its out of a 53 foot van commercial trailer, its used around the inside to protect against fork lift damage, way better than bed liner... i allso yrs back bought the proper bed stuff and this out preforms it imo
Habs, does the tract grip it? Or will it spin?

Habs, does the tract grip it? Or will it spin?
that plastic ribbed protector is for the skis, i have just rubber matting for the track

Back