• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trailer seal lube?

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Both of my ramps are freezing shut. What can I spray on the seals to keep them from freezing?

Thanks guys!

Try deep creep from seafoam.
Great penetrating oil.
That might work.
Other wise their is that lock stuff for car doors key holes.

Try deep creep from seafoam.
Great penetrating oil.
That might work.
Other wise their is that lock stuff for car doors key holes.

I've thought of deicer. Just didn't know if it would deteriorate the seal. I'll try it.

I Google searched and found someone say, Pam cooking spray.

Anybody else use something with good results?

I've thought of deicer. Just didn't know if it would deteriorate the seal. I'll try it.

I Google searched and found someone say, Pam cooking spray.

Anybody else use something with good results?
If you use the deep creep it will actually condition the seals as well. Its a clear spray so you shouldn't see any streaking.

I never thought to spray lock deicer on rubber. WD-40 & silicone have some amount of H2O or attract it.
I bought this stuff for locks. Sprayed all the rubbers with it today. Honestly, it looks promising.

IMG_20180107_151658003-640x380.jpg

Silicone or pam. I spray pam under my tunnel to prevent snow buildup. Any harsh chemicals might deteriorat the seals. That dry lube is probably silicone based so I bet it works.

BTW silicone is good for rubber, that’s what o-ring lube has in it.

ClutchMaster, anything is better than two frozen doors and sleds sitting outside, and me waiting two hours for the sun to come over the trailer to thaw things out.

Back