• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trails are mint right now!

Deeppow16

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Arctic Cat M8000
2009 Yamaha Nytro MTX (Totaled)
2002 Polaris 600 XCSP (Sold)
1999 Ski-doo Formula 500 (Totaled)
In the last week I have put on 300-400 miles on my sled on the trails west of the Minneapolis. The trails I rode last night were the best I've seen in 10 years. Even the plowed fields are prefect. The groomers have done an great job packing the trails down. This is what I have been waiting for for a long time. I can finally ride from my house and have a great time.

In the last week I have put on 300-400 miles on my sled on the trails west of the Minneapolis. The trails I rode last night were the best I've seen in 10 years. Even the plowed fields are prefect. The groomers have done an great job packing the trails down. This is what I have been waiting for for a long time. I can finally ride from my house and have a great time.

Did 165 miles from my house Sunday. 60% was about as good as it gets for southern MN, 20% were outstanding, 20% were rough but ride able. Talking 6"+ tonight and tomorrow, and another big storm this weekend!

Could not agree with you more! I moved to Deerwood MN from the cities 6 1/2 years ago. This year have not had to load them on the trailer once. Got home from work today and the mrs says let's go. I told her it's hard to even see the trail along side the roads. The trails were perfect through the woods. The conditions are so good after a 30 mile ride tonight my Wife says I learned my lesson don't go until the groomer has gone out. She's not a physical rider who can sidehill in the ditches. The snow was so deep in the ditches that it was hard to follow where the groomer had previously gone! It has been like an episode of Highway through Hell! This year Wife rolled the 4 Stroke once. Next to the road 2 cars stopped to help me roll it over. Thanks! Then a couple of days later she buried it. Next to the road again. So called my son. Bring the Jeep tow strap in the back. Cop wanted to call a tow. Pulled it out no problem. Tonight the son rolled my 2 stroke Cat. He got impatient and blasted ahead. He is learning about sidehilling. I helped him roll it back over. After seeing that my wife listened to me and put her left knee up on the seat and sidehilled up the hill at an off camber angle. So she was smart and listened to me. I told her she would not make it if she did not put all her weight on the upside.

Last edited:
Could not agree with you more! I moved to Deerwood MN from the cities 6 1/2 years ago. This year have not had to load them on the trailer once. Got home from work today and the mrs says let's go. I told her it's hard to even see the trail along side the roads. The trails were perfect through the woods. The conditions are so good after a 30 mile ride tonight my Wife says I learned my lesson don't go until the groomer has gone out. She's not a physical rider who can sidehill in the ditches. The snow was so deep in the ditches that it was hard to follow where the groomer had previously gone! It has been like an episode of Highway through Hell! This year Wife rolled the 4 Stroke once. Next to the road 2 cars stopped to help me roll it over. Thanks! Then a couple of days later she buried it. Next to the road again. So called my son. Bring the Jeep tow strap in the back. Cop wanted to call a tow. Pulled it out no problem. Tonight the son rolled my 2 stroke Cat. He got impatient and blasted ahead. He is learning about sidehilling. I helped him roll it back over. After seeing that my wife listened to me and put her left knee up on the seat and sidehilled up the hill at an off camber angle. So she was smart and listened to me. I told her she would not make it if she did not put all her weight on the upside.
Haha nice! Sleds will be rolled or buried when trying to learn how to side hill. I remember when I was younger and saw people sidehilling I said I need to try that. Well lets just say I did a lot of rolling and getting my sled unstuck. Now its just second nature for me.

Back