• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TRIC Ice Scratchers????

LAJAMA

Extreme
Hello,

Does anyone know where TRIC Ice Scratchers can be purchased in the US?

I was hoping to find a discount price. I can find them only listed on Yamaha Canada's website, not the US site.

I was hoping to get a set of these since we have hard packed snow conditions this year and I thought that the TRIC Ice Scratchers would work best with reverse so as not to make a mistake and bend up the other type of scratchers.........

Thanks for your help. :yam:

tric

yes you get maybe 1 day of use and then they break at the connection fitting also some ends get all chewed up . 89 $ can but they were in quebec mag for 69$ but still no new stock and not shure of new price

Yamaha Sled Talk Blog said:
We are close to a re-release, the ends were too heavy causing several problems, The updated parts are being tested and hope to release quite soon. Only available from Canadian dealers.

cr
that's good to hear chris,im waiting for them,as soon as they are available,they will sell lots

I put Slidekicks scratchers, on my Nytro. I'm happy with them. Cable type, reverse compatible, replaceable wear tips. You can get them on e-bay.

Slidekicks scratchers

Has anyone used this type of ice scratcher (Slidekicks) on a 2005 RX-1? Do you think it works better than the Yamaha Tric Ice Scratcher that mounts to the ski area vs. this type that mounts closer to the track?

Re: Slidekicks scratchers

LAJAMA said:
Has anyone used this type of ice scratcher (Slidekicks) on a 2005 RX-1? Do you think it works better than the Yamaha Tric Ice Scratcher that mounts to the ski area vs. this type that mounts closer to the track?

The friend of mine, that recommended them to me, runs them on his '05 Vector and his brothers '06 Vector. They love them. I have them mounted behind both sets of front bogey wheels, and it still coated the entire suspension. I believe my friend has them mounted ahead of his wheels. I haven't seen the tric scratchers in person, so I don't know how well they work.

The tric scratcher are no longer available in Canada either. I called my dealer and they said they pulled them as they wear very quickly and then fall apart. I am looking for a set of scratchers right now but can't decide whether to go with the ones than mount to the tunnel or the skid. I don't really like the idea of drilling the skid.

scratchers

well it depends on the sled , cause some don't fit the skid ' like my rx1 . so i used the ones that fit under running boards , but there are at least 4 kinds , ones that go on the skies , slidekicks which are like the tric ones , and the other 2 we mentioned .

Re: Slidekicks scratchers

newyorker_79 said:
LAJAMA said:

The friend of mine, that recommended them to me, runs them on his '05 Vector and his brothers '06 Vector. They love them. I have them mounted behind both sets of front bogey wheels, and it still coated the entire suspension. I believe my friend has them mounted ahead of his wheels. I haven't seen the tric scratchers in person, so I don't know how well they work.

How high did you mount them on the rails? They recommend a minimum of 2" but the rails are only about 2" high.

Yamaha Sled Talk Blog said:
We are close to a re-release, the ends were too heavy causing several problems, The updated parts are being tested and hope to release quite soon. Only available from Canadian dealers.

cr

Hey cr if Yamaha needs someone to do some long term testing of the scratchers I would be happy to do it.
Between 2 sleds we have around 10,000 miles on my home built ones that are very similar. Mine are well tested with no problems.

Here is a link to picture that are on page 3.

TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha :: View topic - Homemade cable scratchers!!!!

I used the hole, for the soft setting of the anti-bottoming stopper. The track throws the snow/ice around inside.

Attachments

• 104_crop.jpg
    104_crop.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 197

Back