• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me 2017 ltx-le

Part Four. Making adjustments … Start with the rear suspension and do these as a starting point. Rod in front of rear wheels with small black adjustable blocks remove and remove the black blocks , take the aluminum rod and wrap with or glue on a thin layer of rubber.. Reinstall the rod and make sure the flat part is lined up with rear sissor so when it collapses it hits the flat. Then tighten so its fixed in position. Now adjust the rear suspension springs to number two or middle setting… only three setting so easy if you turn the right way… Now front spring in the rear suspension adjust the spring to have ten threads showing from the adjustment nut to edge. Set the clicker (compression adjustor to two ) the rear shock compression adjustor set at three or full stiff to start.. Rear suspension starting points are done …

Part Five. Front springs adjustments. Loosen the adjusting nuts on both shocks and spin down until 44 threads are showing.. Turn compression adjusting nut to one or softest setting.. Adjust rebound to eight or in the middle to start.. if you are on rough trails and higher speeds turn you rebound counter clockwise to get faster rebound .. slower rebound or clockwise for smooth trails… Rear Suspension FRONT SHOCKS setting determines how hard the skis are stuck in the ground and effects how the sled corners . Too hard its heavy hard steering darts, and too aggressive resulting from not enough preload… Too much preload and no steering cause ski have no pressure causing push, wheelies skis in the air.. Find the sweet spot here and all skis will turn providing the rest is right…

Part six. Rear sissor works with front and pushes suspension forward when accelerating ( Hence Slide Action ) you want to run this with travel but on the stiff side so its going forward coming out of the turn .. Straps are set just snug to all final suspension settings .. Not tight to limit travel or loose with slack.. snug is proper without tension even if you need to make a new hole.. This set up will not wheelie nor should it but it will turn … Now if your 150 to 200 adjust all springs alittle less.. If you are 300 to 350 adjust more as these are 250 type settings.. These are on a 2017 Ltx le 137 1 1/4” Rip Saw 2. Studding and Horsepower will effect adjustments but you guys should already have a good understanding and no need for this information…

Sorry for lenght but hope it helps anyone that needs it and I hope by setting the sled to handle better it will make the trails safer and this is not intended for trail racing or reckless endangerment of others. You think you fast? Prove it on the racetrack, thats what they are for. Stay safe enjoy everyone ….

So I bought a 2017 sidewinder 137 with 4900 miles on it. The person I bought it from had it 2 years with minimal problems. A oil pressure sensor and occasionally would get warm riding it. He had it go into limp mode only a couple of times. Owner before him had the same issues i guess. Dont believe there was ice scratchers on the sled but it now has cable scratchers. I did notice someone added the 4th wheel in the back. Other than that I believe its completely stock. Id like to upgrade the power but Im a little cheap.Looking at turbo dynamics they have a 250hp upgrade that only requires a reflash and some clutch weights with a stock muffler.. Price looks reasonable. Havent had the sled on the trails yet myself so I hope the heating problem isnt real bad. I just sold my 2007 apex gt which was the newest sled Ive ever owned. Im hoping the winder rides better and is easier on my back while being maybe faster than the apex which would do 109 GPS under ideal condition.. Was wondering what you guys think of the TD upgrade and any other things I should be looking at. I read some things here about sidewinders and got a little overwhelmed. Thanks

I just came off a 2006 attak and now on a 2021 SRX. The attak had snowtrackers which is the best thing you can do for an attak. It rails unless you hit loose snow but you already know that. The sidewinder is a better balanced sled, it rides WAAAY better (your back will thank you) and the front end is in my opinion, equal to anything out there (just recently rode a new doo and a new polaris). After almost a full season of riding the attak I went out on the SRX thinking I was going to be a sore puppy but my back actually improved throughout the weekend! The 21 has stryke skis which I find to be pretty good with stock carbides but I can feel the carbides getting worn already (200+ miles of icy trails) and as they do I am sure I will be looking to either sharpen them up or look for something else. There are lots of opinions here on the snow trackers. Most seem to be positive as long as they are not on stryke skis.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to drag the sled into the garage soon and will be checking it over and see where all the adjustments are at.

Back