• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trunk bag

I got Yamaha's combination sport luggage saddlebags over the summer to replace the stock storage compartment. I've only been out once with them so far because of this lousy weather, but they don't seem to move around. It's too bad that Yamaha doesn't show more pictures of their accessories mounted on the Phazer so that people can get an idea of how it will look when mounted.

Attachments

• SAM_0011.JPG
    SAM_0011.JPG
    670.8 KB · Views: 78
  • SAM_0012=b.jpg
    SAM_0012=b.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 84
  • SAM_0014 - b.JPG
    SAM_0014 - b.JPG
    700 KB · Views: 75

Erich,

Did the directions tell you to rivet the front buckle to the seat frame or the tunnel? Since I bought mine used, I just guessed at the location.

I put it on the tunnel between two existing rivets in hopes that the backside was in a safe place compared to the track. I would have hated to start freying my track on the rough side of a rivet.

Nice pics!

Actually, now that I took the time to blow up your last picture, I see you put the rivet in the exact same spot it did. Perfect!!

That location is out of the way for the foot as well. I tend to move at least one foot back at all times for forward/backward balance standing up.

The directions weren't all that great. They still use that same generic snowmobile picture that looks like a sled from 20 years ago, so I kind of guessed where the four straps would be mounted on the sled.

erich said:
The directions weren't all that great. They still use that same generic snowmobile picture that looks like a sled from 20 years ago, so I kind of guessed where the four straps would be mounted on the sled.[/quote
Oh, you mean the sled that's in the 'Snowmobile crossing signs'?

It looked something like this, if I remember correctly. The instructions didn't last long. Read them once looking for some detail on where to put the rivets or rear straps, but found nothing.

Attachments

• sled.gif
    sled.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 72

Back