• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tucker hibbert

Much of the success in motocross was due to the predictable and flatter power curve of a four stroke, as well as having much more down low.
I don't deny that. All I'm saying is that it took almost double the engine displacement (compared to a 250) to achieve it. Does anybody remember an old-school KX or CR 500? They had alot of grunt too. And they were 2-strokes. Gotta wonder what a bike like that would be like 15-20 yrs later with today's technology. Pretty impressive I'll bet!

Are you "suggesting" Yamaha would re-enter snow-X???
That would be leap that I HIGHLY doubt they would take.

I'm with you 100%. But on that same note, if Yamaha were to get back into snowmobiles, they should be in racing. If they were to get back into racing, they would need to get the best hired gun they could wrap their mitts around. Hibbert is probably just out of his non-compete as well. In May, it will be 24 months.

I'm just sharing what I am hearing. We will all see. I doubt we will see anything in Duluth, but, in 2007, we did see Yamaha show up at the last minute with the Prototype Nytro. And that was a surprise to most.

I would say, keep the google searches going over the next month. And keep in mind, if it is a new sled that is not in production, I think the new rules would keep them even out of Pro-Open. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. That would mean, this may be the 2021 model year, or mid year release for 2020.

A new ProCross 2 chassis with a 2-stroke designed for it, as well well as one of these new high power, light weight 4-strokes. This is the stuff that we live for in the blue camp!!

Didn't that guy retire???
4 strokes were tried once in sno-X, didn't work.
4-strokes in moto-X, yea it took off. ONLY cause the engines were almost double the displacement. And, for some odd reason, there's a huge push by many of the manufacturer's to reduce or eliminate 2-strokes in their lineup.
250cc 4-stroke against a 250cc 2-stroke, wouldn't stand a chance.

You are correct. My son raced CMRC motocross for 5 years and started on a 125 two stroke Honda. He went to Kawasaki two years into racing, his sponsor had him racing a 250 two stroke and a 250 four stroke in different classes. The 250 two stroke was head and shoulders faster but the four banger would rock. He ended his racing with the 250 four stroke but only because they phased out the two strokes

As somebody on Laugh In once said Very Interesting! How bought an RZ440.

Back