• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner ski in powder?

blueironranger

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX
2009 Phazer MTX
How well do the Tuner skis work in powder? My MTX skis are getting pretty beat up and I was thinking about either just replacing the skis as my Bergstrom TPs are still like new or switching to the Tuner ski if they work decent in powder to. I'm a "Do EVERYTHING" type rider.

The Tuner ski is a trail ski and will not do well in powder, they are skinnier than your mountain skis and will just sink.

Look for an after market ski that will satisfy YOUR needs. Try a search on reviews of skis, there are many, make a decision and find a good price, maybe even check out the classifieds. What may not work for one rider may work well for another.

Grimm said:
The Tuner ski is a trail ski and will not do well in powder, they are skinnier than your mountain skis and will just sink.

Look for an after market ski that will satisfy YOUR needs. Try a search on reviews of skis, there are many, make a decision and find a good price, maybe even check out the classifieds. What may not work for one rider may work well for another.

what is the width on them? The biggest issue I've had with my MTX ski is they are just TOO aggressive on the trail with the massive 1.25" deep keel along with ski savers and love to dart in/out of other deep keel tracks on the trail and after a 300 mile day of trail riding I'm physically wore out! I definitely don't suffer the corner "push" that short track phazer owners complain about, it bites to the point that I could roll the sled over if I turned hard enough in corners. Maybe I'll pick up a set of Tuners and swap skis depending on what I plan on doing that day.

they are 6in wide. if you search tunner and my name, I listed, pictures and measurements last year when the first batch of them came out.

they are not an off trail ski, though they are wider than stock by 1/2in.

I just rode some powder with mine on Friday and they are not real good in that enviroment. I don't do it that often but I was with a group of guys that liked to go off trail. I didn't expect it to be a good ski in powder so no regrets for that. I got an Apex shortty too so the sled didnt help either. I would replace your mountain skis.

Back