• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuner skies or bergstrom

Crankster

Just put tuner skies on my 08 apex ltxgt 2-4 carbides not happy at all still does the same as stock skies throws ya around like a rage doll. Thinking of going back to stock skies and bergstrom set up?....

scott is setting me up for my tuner skies, you could go that way also. inside triple points outside sharper bar

could just get snow trackers on stock skis and be happy.

Crankster said:
Just put tuner skies on my 08 apex ltxgt 2-4 carbides not happy at all still does the same as stock skies throws ya around like a rage doll. Thinking of going back to stock skies and bergstrom set up?....
Ran bergstroms last season they are good but not as good for darting, snowtrackers work way better for darting.

X2 on the snow trackers. Put those on and never looked back. Almost like having power steering. They dig when on asphalt and are hard to back up with on any surface except snow, but there the #*$&@.

I don't say much on these forums as I don't feel I have the level of expertise as most of you but I have been experimenting with tuners for the last year and could not get rid of the darting. A week ago I put snow trackers on and have two rides on em. I'm telling you honestly get a set and put em on. My sled darted so bad it made me tired after about 40-50 miles. After putting the trackers on the difference is amazing. The front end feels so planted and quiet I actually found myself looking way down the trail instead of trying to find untracked parts of the trail to keep my sled from darting. People say they are like power steering. That's because you only have to turn the bars half as far as before. Probably the single greatest handling improvement I have ever made to a sled. Do yourself a favor and get em. I'm never taking mine off. The riding season is too short to have a ride wrecked by a darting sled. Just my .02.

I love my Bergstroms but would honestly like to try a set of the Snowtrackers just to compare.

X5 on the snow trackers oh wait I already voted ... oh well x6 then lol.

Snow Tracker all the way. Best money I ever spend on my sled !!!

Our whole group runs Bergstrom's, but we run them with SLP Powder Pro skis. This combination has been perfect for all of our riders. I have heard a lot about the Snow Trackers and I am sure, from all of the feedback on here that they eliminate darting completely. (As does the setup we run.) The Bergstrom carbides with shims and ski savers on the stock skis helps, but its not nearly as good as the SLP Powder Pros. The deeper keel on these skis really makes a huge difference when there is an abundant amount of snow on the trail.

From all of the wars back and forth on here about what is better, I think if we went with either solution, you would be happy :)

I have pilot skis and ran the single shaper bars last year and still darted. Not as bad as the yammi skis though. This year I put on the dual shapers and what an incredible difference. Expensive yes, but seems to be the improvement I was looking for.

Thx guys....Not happy at all with the tuner skies..I guess have to spend some more cash and get the snow trackers from Royal next time on way to cottage and put them on the stock skies.......
Can't be any worse I figure than the tuner skies lol.
Thx everybody for the help ;)!

Back