• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tuning?? rx1 still has issues...no longer tweaked!!

Nice to know that you like the track. I love it too, 600 km now, here an update.

Hyfax toast
Wahl sprocket are game over too. 600km and teeths are almost completly destroyed.

On the positive note

Fun fun fun fun
Traction uphill and downhill (can stop almost where i want to)
Paddle are straight up ( a little bit of rubber missing on tips, but hey, am not going easy with the tracks, i love tree for traction.)
no paddle cut

0-3000 feet with 19-40 give me 137 km/h on speedo with machined helix. 129 on GPS

Acceleration, right on with an XP 800 163 from 0-100 km/h then he take the lead. Even with an Apex with Extreme too until 115-120 km/h (400 feet)

in 1 to 2 feet of snow , just a little shy of the XP (say 1 lenght at max) Even with the Apex in the first 300-400 feet then he take the lead.

got some rubbing when decellerating in the top of tunnel. near manifold protector.

Running 89L-00 weight, with 2.4 gr, gonna try 8bu-10 and 8bu-00.

latest update...
just finalized the transaction concerning the replacement and warranty of my maverick track.

(i can't remember if i posted the name of the company earlier but i'll make a point of not posting their name)

so i get a phone message requesting a call back inorder to process the refund and what an #*$&@. i'm literally accused of scamming and lieing to him in order to replace the track. after their examination of the track they've determine the damage to the track is my fault and with their years of experience of selling thousands of maverick track this is the worse case he's run across. i've taken advantage of him in a moment of weakness, that the track i sent back was obviously run, spun across and caught up on rocks and trees which resulted in the damage. I stood by my original explaination and in the end he went thru on the refund, but damn i walk away feeling like an #*$&@.

i'm no track expert but of the 5 snowmobiles i've owned (all with tracks) i've never seen this amount of damage on a track with less than 300-400 miles. paddles missing and torn, stress cracks at the base of alot of paddles, not to mention the excessive bending. i mean holy crap i had the thing on some roads and in cooke city during some deep pow days mainly testing and tweaking the sled. at no point did i feel like i was trashing the track or sled. i've ridden a lot in the spring and at times it just hurts looking at where you need to take your sled.

anyway i'm a little tweaked and disheartened, i've dealt with some real fine folks throughout this process and i truely appreciate the advice and help. up until today (with the exception an earlier encounter with the local dealership, which seems to be behind us) this has been a very positive ordeal. Thank you to all those who've helped and shared experience and knowledge. I've learned alot and hope to help others make wise decisions, MAVERICK TRACKS SUCK!!

i just swapped the 89L for 8bu-00 yesterday, that look promising. Pull harder down low and RPM is climbing on long long pull (more then 600 feet) vs dropping.

But there is a bad news with the Extreme 2.5, i killed my sprocket, its still ratcheting and all part of supsension are good. I will buy a set of AVID. But for now i will turn the sprocket on the otherside.

weekend update
turned the clutch up to 120* and it turns out to be a bit much backshift the sled felt a little like an apex with engine break. i'm probably going to try 100*.

also had installed the 18th upper gear and the sled really felt like a tractor and i had to back off on the shockwave helix but all in all it's running good

i did spend the cash on avid drivers in the beginning and mine are showing no signs of wear. goodluck i know it's a pain continuely pulling things apart!

...know that i think of it there is one issue from the weekend this has been going on for a while.

when the sled is digging in deep and i reef on the bars to the left sometimes it'll almost free spin and the skis will not turn? it happened this weekend and it sort of odd but once i square up the bars everything seems ot be fine? i've got the rider forward mod and i'm wondering about the steering stop? just wondering if others are having this issue?
thansk

I had the same issue with an older model wildchild riderforward. Kurt sent me a different design steering stop and I haven't had an issue since.

Joe, the red stuff is stronger than the blue. I use it for my bolts in the front and rear susspensions. They aren't too bad to get loose.

Jim

Add me to the list of people whos Wild Child equipped rider forward mod handle bars go right beyond the stops and go all the way around. Talk about a weird feeling! Yup, once you turn them back everything seems fine until it happens again.

Frosty

I just had this happen and Kurt said that he would send me a fix. It happened to me on a pretty high/steep sidehill and really freaked me out.

here a video of my sled running 8BU-00. Was revving 9800 all day, no rpm loss during climbing, nothing goes wrong, just steady RPM with lot of pull.

Only a broken Belt, but she was missing a little bit of rope when we started the day. Snow was deep, up to 3 feet fresh

http://media.putfile.com/Jeff-Grimpe-En-Sale

0-3000 feet my setup look like the best i got .

8bu-00 tip empty, 2.7 gr middle
15 mm rollers
30-3.0-129 spring
secondary
gray spring
44-40 helix
and 1-6 twist.

Back