• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel Open or Closed?

I will never open the hole by free will :die To be ohnest: If it not was possible to do this mod I would have traded the fx for something else. I #$%&* hated that stupid hole from the first time I saw it and even more after my first ride. But now I'm happy :-o

I was told by my dealer tonight that yamaha told him the 08 will come with the tunnel covers standard and that they are going to provide this as a free upgrade on the 07. Anyone else heard this? He also told me that they have been told to epoxy the grease fittings that leak as the material is too thin to weld to. They also are providing a new tool kit bag that is improved. Will have to see when I go pick it up on the weekend.

that is quite the list of upgrades for free there mlloyd, I've got a call into Yamaha Canada to buy me a set of their panels and they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm not going to wait much longer before I file a complaint with the CPSC. What does CPSC stand for anyway? I know they issue the recalls in conjunction with the manufacturers but I don't know what CPSC stands for...anyone know?

Yellowknife said:
that is quite the list of upgrades for free there mlloyd, I've got a call into Yamaha Canada to buy me a set of their panels and they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'm not going to wait much longer before I file a complaint with the CPSC. What does CPSC stand for anyway? I know they issue the recalls in conjunction with the manufacturers but I don't know what CPSC stands for...anyone know?
Consumer Products Safety Commission

Thanks. I'm filling out a report right now.

I suggest you all do it, citing that without tunnel panels, it is a serious safety hazard from ice buildup.

Specifically (and this actually happens to me) my ski pants and legs freeze to the sides of the tunnel.

Example:

Legs, clothing becoming frozen in ice to the sides of a snowmobile preventing dis-mount of the vehicle during an emergency or during maneuvering in difficult terrain resulting in possible injury or death if snowmobile rolls over and rider can not dismount from snowmobile.

tunnel open =

DSC00016.jpg

i closed off my tunnel this weekend after 70km of riding i put my 3/4 frozen beer bottle under the stock muffler and it barley unthawed so it cant be that hot

guys yamaha came out with a kit that closes the hole eliminates snow and ice on the running boards and ice buildup underneath for $100.00 canadian what are you waiting for dont buy imitations, the side covers only build more ice on the inside dont spend useless money

Attachments

• 8189765-4-1230491102.jpg
    8189765-4-1230491102.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 288
Second season with 2 Phazers both with it closed over 1000mi, no issues at all even running grass drags in the summer. The best thing I bought for my sled and one of the cheapest. Excell Motorsport has a cool one with vents. I think it is like $60.

Attachments

• SLED 041 (WinCE).jpg
    SLED 041 (WinCE).jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 119
I closed up my tunnel with a good piece of stainless last year at about 2500 kms, since then iv put on another 7000kms on with the tunnel closed and have had zero problems. Makes it easier to cook hotdogs on too ;)!

We got so fed up with the ice build up the hole was blocked total success and happiness. The tunnel now stays ice free plus no over heating issues since. maybe more snow cooling it down?

Back