• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tunnel polishing

snowracer1000

Extreme
what are you guys using have used a few products but i am not getting a real good shine close but not as good as i want. I have used rouge style compounds on it but just not shining that good. might my speed be to slow I was using a dewalt drill with a cloth pad.

Wet sand, 1000 grit and work your way up, 1500, 2000....then use the rouge bars...any hand drill will work but make sure you keep the buffing wheel clean....also make sure you move it around applying decent pressure...then use a quality polish..I've used everything...Flitze, Mothers Mag n Aluminum, Mothers Billett, Never Dull...the best stuff I've found is Bush Super Polish...goes on easy, cuts well and comes off easy...no two ways about it though, you need elbow grease to bring out the shine. Te wet sanding and rouge bars just cut down on time...the final polish requires patience...the more you polish the better the shine....also if you wet sand try to go with the grain of the aluminum. good luck

Yea wet sand and then I used mothers billett on my crossfire and it came out mint, just thinking I have to start all over again when my xtx comes in is making my fingers hurt, but if you put the time in it it sure does look nice.

shaddow44 said:
Wet sand, 1000 grit and work your way up, 1500, 2000....then use the rouge bars...any hand drill will work but make sure you keep the buffing wheel clean....also make sure you move it around applying decent pressure...then use a quality polish..I've used everything...Flitze, Mothers Mag n Aluminum, Mothers Billett, Never Dull...the best stuff I've found is Bush Super Polish...goes on easy, cuts well and comes off easy...no two ways about it though, you need elbow grease to bring out the shine. Te wet sanding and rouge bars just cut down on time...the final polish requires patience...the more you polish the better the shine....also if you wet sand try to go with the grain of the aluminum. good luck

100% agree here.... mine still looks great after 1500 miles this season

shaddow44 said:

What are "rough bars"?

Polishing rouge which is bars of cutting compounds in different polishing cuts defined by color. You hold the bar on the polishing wheel and buff the metal ~ like puting wax on your rag for waxing.

bottlerocket said:
You polished it and rode 1500 miles without cleaning and polishing maintence? LOL

I only polish mine at the beginning of the season, same TVB....if you put a clear sealant on it it will hold the shine...I use Zaino clear seal, Zoop seal is supposed to work pretty well also.

I started polishing it is coming out really well. I found probably since I had an ok polish on it already i skipped the 600-1500 sand paper and just used 2000. It is working out well but don't skip the rouge bars. thanks for all the ideas and help

Back