• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel Rack Installed

Unfortunately this is the only picture i have.
I dont think it will help very much
a few people told me the upnorth rack needed because tunnel is to narrow just to bolt up.. but you did it. i thik the rack just gives you the option to run 2 mounts.

You do not need the actual rack that the brackets mount to
You can mount the bracket to the tunnel.
I will try to explain as clearly as i can.
The issue is that the mounting hardware/brackets for the linq system are spaced at a pre determined distance for mounting all linq accessories and the location of that hardware causes interference issues on the tunnel and will not allow the bracket to sit flat on the tunnel.
The simple solution is to space the bracket up off the tunnel.
I placed the bracket perfectly centered on the tunnel and used a fine tip sharpie to mark the 4 mounting holes through the bracket onto the tunnel.
Be certain the bracket is properly located and won't touch your seat with the bag or gas can installed.
I then removed the bracket and drilled the 4 holes i just marked on the tunnel using a 1/4 drill.
I took 2 pieces of 3/16 thick x 1 inch wide aluminum somewhere like 6-8 inches long. and drilled 1/4 inch holes in them to match the mounting holes on the bracket.
These pieces of aluminum were painted white and placed onto the top of the tunnel directly over the holes i just drilled and are used as supports to stiffen the tunnel and spread out the weight from the bracket and bag. They are probably not needed but it made me feel better about the strength of the tunnel
I then used 5/8 tall aluminum spacers from mcmaster carr part # 92510A353
To space the bracket off the tunnel.
I used 1/4-20 stainless flat head screws 1/4 stainless washers and stainless poly lock nuts to attach the bracket, aluminum strips and spacers to the tunnel.
If this is not clear i apologise but right now its the best i can do.
Feel free to ask more questions if you need

Back