• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turbo head torque spec

cmd951

Veteran
What should the head bolts for the vector engine be torqued to with a 2mm head spacer???? I seem to be getting some excess pressure in the antifreeze tank causing some to get pushed out. I think I will retorque the head down.

What is the factory spec? Do the cams have to be removed in order to retorque the head or can all the head bolts be reached with the cams in place?

cmd951 said:
What should the head bolts for the vector engine be torqued to with a 2mm head spacer???? I seem to be getting some excess pressure in the antifreeze tank causing some to get pushed out. I think I will retorque the head down.

You need to remove, clean and re-install.

IS it common for little antifreeze to be pushed out? I have a bottle on the overflow to catch the fluid. If I put the fluid back into the tank it always fills it to the same line tank, so its not using water. By little bit over overflow I mean approximately 1 cup of fluid.

My overflow tank never get any fluid into it.

Maybe you should check the pressure cap to see it hold the correct pressure into the system.

As long as your head gaskets stays together you should not loose coolant, not at any boost level. When it starts pushing a little bit at low boost like 10 lbs and you up the boost 5+ lbs it will push a lot of fluid. If it does your head gasket(s) are shot. If your gaskets are already shot it may not be enough retorking the head nuts. Then do as mulot30th said, head off inspect and clean and replace gaskets. But I would retork first, hope you can fix it soon :)

imho, it's not much more work to just replace the gasket and clean it all up. You already have sacrificed a day to retorque, so why not just put a couple more hours in and clean it all up and ensure it is good? Besides you'll get a good look at the piston tops. :)

WesG said:
imho, it's not much more work to just replace the gasket and clean it all up. You already have sacrificed a day to retorque, so why not just put a couple more hours in and clean it all up and ensure it is good? Besides you'll get a good look at the piston tops. :)

Completely agree

Agree once the cams are out to torque the head really its not alot more work to pull the head and replace the gaskets if you are already that far.

Back