• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Help

Big-zig

Extreme
I've got my motor out of my RX1 and have a set of coated 10:1 pistons to install. I've installed many pistons into 2-strokes, but have never done a 4-stroke. I've got the Yammy RX1 service manual but would like advise on things I should watch for and tricks to installing these pistons. Do I need to pull the cams...ect or can I just go in from the bottom?? Do you recommend installing stronger rods?? Thanks in advance.

By the way... I have a precision hanging scale and weighed my RX1 motor. No carbs, no exhaust, no clutch. It weighed #114. By comparision, my 1000 t-cat motor weighed #111. Not as bad as I thought.

bigzig, camshafts have to come out even if you just plan on installing thicker head gaskets, the engine has to come entirely apart to install pistons, pistons need to be set-up for the cylinder bore, if you just bolt them in, you will see engine failure due to improper clearances, you also need a special installation ring, the oldstyle ring compressors won't work. while you have it apart it would be a good idea to install rods if you ever plan on running really high boost levels, if not, stock rods are fine. new rods cost around 1000.00. we install rods and pistons with the engine in or out of the sled, with the engine out in the sled, it would be around 400.00 to install and set-up pistons, for the complete sled it would be around 1000.00 jeff 1-414-698-6611

Jeff, could you elaborate on the "pistons need to be setup for the cylinder bore"? What kind of clearances do the Wiseco's run at? RX FUN

weve spent alot of time coming up with our specs, and we will hone the block to proper piston clearance, depending on your application, and set-up the rings for 200.00 us. jeff

Back