• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo options from yamaha for 2011 Nytro MTX

will that mpi intake under the hood work in deep powder or bog? i think u need some sort of a snorkel to make it work. looks like just dobeck fuel controllers from the pics

Factory Yamaha SC

The reason for no intercooler is the boost is set at 5-6 pounds @ 6k. Yamaha wanted a turn key kit that would be as user friendly as possible and require NO adjustments. The gems is the same box it just has a locked down map programmed and is none adjustable. The SC and turbo went out to the snowies last spring to be duribilty tested by the yamaha engineers and both past with no issues. Also if you read the fine print in the catalog you will notice it does not void the warranty even tho they word it to protect themselves from the guy that decides to turn the boost up:) The fact that yamaha is marketing and backing these products is huge step and will provide big power with yamaha reliability for the masses.

Apex2654 said:
Found this today on Snowest. Hopefully standard on 2012s. :Rockon:

Let's hope that the lightweight skid parts do show up up on the 2012's but not the boost options. I will agree that it is a good thing that Yamaha is now officially endorsing boost, but what they need to do is get their butts in gear and release a proper production turbo 4 stroke sled......ie. stand alone system on a turbo specific engine. The 5-8 lbs. of boost at over 6000 feet does not cater to most of the potential customers. The flatlanders are not happy. Heck, where I used to ride for years we started at 1000 ft. and rode to 8500. There are 2 aftermarket turbo manufacturers currently offering 17psi pump gas turbos. It is interesting that Yamaha chose an unheard of supplier (in the Yammi world) for their turbo kit choice.

MCXpress only work with Yamaha Scandinavia in Sweden (market Norway and Sweden), no connections to the Mother Company. Yamaha Scandinavia are pretty good at getting protos and prepros at an early stage cause of the long winters we have here in Norway and Sweden, riding is possible until late May early June in the mountain regions. I hope MCX will be in the catalog next season with an option for the flatlanders at sealevel and up, they already have that figured.

rxrider said:
MCXpress only work with Yamaha Scandinavia in Sweden (market Norway and Sweden), no connections to the Mother Company. Yamaha Scandinavia are pretty good at getting protos and prepros at an early stage cause of the long winters we have here in Norway and Sweden, riding is possible until late May early June in the mountain regions. I hope MCX will be in the catalog next season with an option for the flatlanders at sealevel and up, they already have that figured.

MCXpress may be in Sweden but MPI and Push sure as heck aren't located in Japan.

I talked about mcxpress because... their systems works so well from what I saw and peoples running them are not wasting time tuning and tuning and adjusting them... they work plain and simple.

Powderlites would be a great choice ... but I dont recall haveing seen a low boost powderlites turbo system??

I know, MCX ARE in Sweden some 450 miles from my house. Push and MPI are relatively close to Yamaha USA.... probably one of the most important reasons they are in the catalog.

Agreed mulot.

This turbo is mounted much farther behind what MCX does their kit , and it must results in much longer response time. This is similar to the one on the rear mountad apex kit.
www.youtube.com/user/Tarzannr1

Attachments

• DSC_9152.jpg
    DSC_9152.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 100
uhhh it's a rearmount

Roest said:
rxrider said:
uhhh it's a rearmount

Yeah, a real rear mount. Looks to be about 14-15" further back than the MCX Nytro location. Sort of reminicent of the RX1/Apex exhaust length.
Yepp, lol!!
Cant belive they didnt go for mcx 180!!
By the way mcx is no in these days sending shipping over to Canada 180 kits for millions of norwegian kroner.
I heard it is the second largest shippment mcx has done to usa, and just with 180 kit, and then all the 240kits isnt there !
MCX is your greatest when it comes to turbo yamaha there are those who sell far the most turbos for yamaha snowmobiles in the world and so is an unknown company and get a contract with Yamaha, a company that is least I have not heard of, I think that's bad for yamaha.

so true, but it is what it is...

Back