• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turbo question

looking4speed

VIP Member
I was wondering why you can make more horsepower using pump gas by lowering the compression and increasing the boost? Dont you end up with the same effective compression ratio both ways with more pumping losses with higher boost levels?

Its not that you can make more horsepower, its the fact that you can achieve the most power without risking detonation, If you were to add race fuel to the equation then you can increase combustion chamber volume due the faster cooler burning fuel, im sure there is somebody on here that can explain it much better but i hope you get the drift

Compression

By dropping your compression you loose Horsepower If you stay at the same rate of boost. What you are doing is making your engine safer from detonation. If you want I'll be glad to talk to you . Call toll free(86631 TURBO) 866 318 8726 Godd luck (TURBO TURTLE) ///////////////

Back