• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turbo vector

That's the idea, stronger bottom end and higher top speed earlier in the run, and you will be able to shift out the clutches. You will have to adjust your clutching to match the new gearing tho.

rxrider said:
That's the idea, stronger bottom end and higher top speed earlier in the run, and you will be able to shift out the clutches. You will have to adjust your clutching to match the new gearing tho.

yes there not shiftin out all the way right now, i had the primary machined to get it to shift out all the way, but has been useless so far. i didnt think the 27 gear would be too steep. i had a dealer build the sled for me and thats what they put in. there set up is garbage tho. even the suspension set up sucks, way WAY to much ski lift, looks cool but slowing me down lol

they must have change there # over the years used to be 210 at 12lbs boost & 250hp at 15lbs.i have a dyno sheet some where for my front mount tvec it made over 250hp at 15lbs boost.

mbarryracing said:
gotboost? said:
mbarryracing said:
I'd double check those HP numbers, 15 lbs should get you way more than 205HP.

mc express claims 185hp on 91 oct fuel at 12 psi and 205 on 110 at 15

Just seems lower than it's potential, ballpark rule of thumb is around 10HP per lb of boost... Does it not come with an intercooler?
205 is still a hoot! Pretty tall gearing, too.

10hp per # of boost... on a 150hp baseline engine....

not on a 120hp baseline engine dude ;)

MulotTurbo said:
mbarryracing said:
gotboost? said:
mbarryracing said:
I'd double check those HP numbers, 15 lbs should get you way more than 205HP.

mc express claims 185hp on 91 oct fuel at 12 psi and 205 on 110 at 15

Just seems lower than it's potential, ballpark rule of thumb is around 10HP per lb of boost... Does it not come with an intercooler?
205 is still a hoot! Pretty tall gearing, too.

10hp per # of boost... on a 150hp baseline engine....

not on a 120hp baseline engine dude ;)

how much on a 120hp motor?

Depends on what motor work has been done and the efficiency of the turbo system and engine package as a whole. Trail systems will gain the least of HP pr lbs of boost while race prepped engine will gain the most pr lbs of boost. My best guess is that you will gain approx 8 HP pr lbs of boost with the MCX turbo kit.

here dyno sheet from mcx for the vec little over 200hp at 12lbs.

Attachments

• yha-rs-05-dyno.JPG
    yha-rs-05-dyno.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 93
I have a 2005 turbo vector, with a 2560r bender rear mount i run 25/38 gearing at 20 lbs of boost i saw 137 on the gps, it is allso a stroker motor. i can run up to 9000 rpm rev limiter comes on at 9200. that 137 gps was on ice about 3/8 mile long Jeff

turbine man said:
I have a 2005 turbo vector, with a 2560r bender rear mount i run 25/38 gearing at 20 lbs of boost i saw 137 on the gps, it is allso a stroker motor. i can run up to 9000 rpm rev limiter comes on at 9200. that 137 gps was on ice about 3/8 mile long Jeff

thats sick! what sorta stroker motor?

gotboost? said:
TWIN TURBO said:
I agree with rxrider, Your geared WayWayWay too Tall for 200 HP. You will go faster with stock gears 24/38. Ajust your clutching after you change gears.

yes im seeing that. i jus expected more from a dealer set up sled

Most dealers aren't turbo setup experienced, although they will claim to be just to get your business. You need someone that is specialized.

Did you actually count the teeth on that 27 top sprocket or is that what they told told you? I don't recall anything bigger than a 26, either.

In any case, I agree you are not using your clutches at all with that tall gearing...

Back