• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Giveaway Ride 2019 - Update

That’s about right I would have had to cancel my hotel down the road by end of the day yesterday

That’s about right I would have had to cancel my hotel down the road by end of the day yesterday

I’d imagine they canceled just prior to the hotel charging them with the 72 hr clause in place. Worked out good for us as we wanted Thursday but they didn’t have any rooms left when I tried to change my reservation to add Thursday night and make it a 4 night trip.

I’d imagine they canceled just prior to the hotel charging them with the 72 hr clause in place. Worked out good for us as we wanted Thursday but they didn’t have any rooms left when I tried to change my reservation to add Thursday night and make it a 4 night trip.
Yea should have call up yesterday and checked I suppose

Truck was gelled up today. Not a good way to start the trip. Got it going and inside for the night. Should be good to head out in the morning. My wife is coming this year and a friend with his ditch pickle.

We just rolled in at 6am and all I can say is wow to the amount of snow that is up here compared to when we were up here at Curtis between Christmas and New Years. Was not our quickest drive up but we made and am anxious to get out on the trails. Just need to be sure to bundle up; today especially.:brrr:

We just rolled in at 6am and all I can say is wow to the amount of snow that is up here compared to when we were up here at Curtis between Christmas and New Years. Was not our quickest drive up but we made and am anxious to get out on the trails. Just need to be sure to bundle up; today especially.:brrr:
That's awesome! Fri/Sat will be great. Not looking forward to the predicted rain on Sunday.

We are heading home Sunday so I would actually prefer rain over ice but hope to get an early start in the morning and stay ahead of the front.

I delayed my trip by a day. Cancelled tonight's stay.
Negative 35 F at my house this morning. Thought it a bit dangerous to make an 8 hour trip by myself in those temps.
Good thing. I went to fire up the sleds and they were both a no-go. I just had them running last week. Fired right up then .
Had the charger and the space heater on them for several hours and got the XTX running. Will keep the space heater on it all night. Should be good to load up and roll out tomorrow am.
Glad I'm staying til monday. I'll at least get 2 days of riding.

I delayed my trip by a day. Cancelled tonight's stay.
Negative 35 F at my house this morning. Thought it a bit dangerous to make an 8 hour trip by myself in those temps.
Good thing. I went to fire up the sleds and they were both a no-go. I just had them running last week. Fired right up then .
Had the charger and the space heater on them for several hours and got the XTX running. Will keep the space heater on it all night. Should be good to load up and roll out tomorrow am.
Glad I'm staying til monday. I'll at least get 2 days of riding.

Get here when u can. It’s warming up so things will improve.

I'm currently a sitting duck in gurnee ill, as I only made it about 40 miles from Chicago and my fuel gelled up in the old 7.3 power stroke diesel, had a 32oz bottle of anti gel additive, guess that wasn't enough, it was -22 but wind chill close to - 45 , was lucky enough to limp to a friend's house so at least didn't freeze to death.
Got a new fuel filter, more additives and a heat gun to try and heat up the fuel pump and line's under the truck, supposed to be+22 here today so hoping to salvage the weekend ride and still come up for sat and Sunday.

I'm currently a sitting duck in gurnee ill, as I only made it about 40 miles from Chicago and my fuel gelled up in the old 7.3 power stroke diesel, had a 32oz bottle of anti gel additive, guess that wasn't enough, it was -22 but wind chill close to - 45 , was lucky enough to limp to a friend's house so at least didn't freeze to death.
Got a new fuel filter, more additives and a heat gun to try and heat up the fuel pump and line's under the truck, supposed to be+22 here today so hoping to salvage the weekend ride and still come up for sat and Sunday.

Do you think you will make it for Saturday?

Do you think you will make it for Saturday?
Yup got it going today , picked up boostednytro, we're at my cabin loading up and be head out 5 am Sat morning

it was good seeing everyone and got some awsome riding in! now to fix the damage for this weekend.

Back